Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Display the green information bar a little bit longer

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

When a new incident or service request gets created, after clicking Save, a green information bar is displayed at the top of the form, indicating the creation of the new ticket with its number. We use forms that are pretty long, so the user cannot see this information when not scrolling up fast enough or doesn't realize that this Information is shown on top. Is there a possibility to change the time how long this Information is displayed in the form?

I know, the user can easily click "My Requests" to see whether the ticket has been created but I was asked to find out if the display time could be changed.

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the answer to this, but I wanted to add that there are other use cases where the ticket does not appear in My Requests, making it even more helpful to control how long the information bar stays put.
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Jonathan,

I figured out that the default value of the app.lib.js already contains the value 20000 since the new portal version 7. In the past, this value was set to 4000. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, in case somebody needs to have it displayed even longer.

Ingrid