Home General Discussion

Change Requests group email

Pat_MitchellPat_Mitchell Customer IT Monkey ✭
Is it possible to add a user/group (people picker) field to the change request ticket without extending the class within Service Manager?   We want to be add a workflow that will send an email to the selected parties once the change request has been completely approved.   Thank you

Answers

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Your best bet might be to use Orchestrator if you have it installed in your environment.  I do the very same thing.
  • Pat_MitchellPat_Mitchell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you, Eric.  I use Orchestrator to create workflows but I need to be able to add the field to the actual portal template so that initiators can actually select a group that will be used in t
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    If you have your groups imported from the AD Connector, you can create the query in the RO and save it to a field in the SR to be consumed by Orchestrator and used how you see fit.
  • Pat_MitchellPat_Mitchell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks, Eric.  I will try that.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    You could do it on the form but you would have to use one of the default relationships if you didnt want to go down the customization route and add a user picker with a custom relationship.

For example RequestedWorkItem (Affected User) is on that class projection by default but not used:

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or if you wanted to go down the customization route and create your own relationship which would be a nicer way IMO see the below KB:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1174