Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

SCSM CopyCat

Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Greetings worthy ones,

I believe some people are C# developers on these forums that could benefit from the following program that I've included Source Code with.

In particular, when copying or converting you can choose the mapping of properties and relationships.  This is extremely important regarding SCSM environments that use custom properties/relationships via extended classes.  It was the scope creep of this program as I originally intended to hard-code a few values, but that meant it would have to be updated any time new extensions were imported to SCSM.  The only thing better than supported software is software that doesn't need supporting!

Wouldn't it be amazing if the Cireson Portal Search Criteria wasn't hard coded and would list the properties and relationships like this program does, of course it would be B) ..... #UlteriorMotive

Again, Feel free to download and check out the C# Source Code that is included with the program!

Download SCSM CopyCat

Victory Level:: MAXIMUM!

Comments

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Quick Update:

1. Copying a Enum to a string will display the Full Path Display Name of the Enum
    2. Added Hierarchical Entropy support for relationships (will relate where Related Item uses the class of the targeted endpoint).  This allows relating the correct items from a System.ConfigItem Endpoint to a System.User Endpoint as it will check each ConfigItem and if it's a User then it relates it.

Note:  This program does not take into account ANY Relationship Cardinality, which means it is possible to relate multiple assigned users to a ticket at the same time from this program which SCSM will have conflicting issues with.  It is up to each SCSM CopyCat User to ensure they have mapped relationships correctly.

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Quick Update:

1. When applying a template, activities will be prefixed by either: MA, RA, SA, PA, DA, RB, or AC
    2. When applying a template, first activity will be set to In-Progress

It was unfortunate to learn Microsoft code lacked this core functionality.... when you apply a template it knows what type of activity to apply, so the fact you need to prefix each one manually (and cannot alter the DisplayID after the first commit) means any SCSM developer needs to make up for the incomplete work of someone else at Microsoft.......

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    My devs were flooding the test environment with numeric-only ticket IDs when they were building the TFS integration that we use, before I rained on their parade and made them add the prefix.  I am still baffled by the fact that the prefix is not automatically added, even though we provide it in the settings....