Home Analyst Portal

Managers View for Team Requests

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Not sure whether this is the right section but I've had a request from a customer who want's their top tier manager to be able to view all the tickets for his support groups in team requests. The caveat here is that they don't want the manager to get all of the assignment notifications so putting the manager into each sub group isn't an option.

So basically the manager is a member of the root applications1 security group. The sub team groups are members of applications1 in active directory.

How can I get the manager to see all the tickets assigned to the groups he manages without getting the assignment notifications. I'm thinking this can't be a unique scenario or is just a case of like it or lump it with regards to the notifications. I've found creating a view with search criteria a bit limiting as that doesn't bring across things like custom MA and CR support groups and is also rather cumbersome to configure.

Answers

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I manage this is I create a Manager AD security group.
    Place the support group roles (ROL_GG_SCSM%) as members of the group
    Place the manager in the same group
    (Via another group I call directors/managers I have mapped to a security role in SCSM for WI permissions)
    Add your Manager Security group into Team Requests. 
    HTH
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Sorry made a typo, it meant team work, not Team Requests (i.e. from an analyst pov). That's useful info for allowing managers to see their teams logged tickets
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I inform my directors that if they want to see Team Work they will get the notifications. 
    What my directors end up relying on is custom SQL dashboards and promoted views. 
    For me they typically want to focus on Use case needs (IE priority 1 incidents for a specific tier so we have a view for them for that)
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I'm with Brian. If dashboards or SSRS reports weren't good enough for Managers at my old company, I ended up helping them set up Outlook rules to filter all but RA notifications. 
    This is the point I made, very easy to filter those out and will provide the least effort to get them up and running rather than having to create a dashboard for each team. A discussion to be had I think!
    I've had a further thought on this. If we use the option for the notify analyst 'do not process support group if not mail enabled, create a managers sub group for each team and set all the team groups up with an email property but set the managers group without an email property and nest it in the team group, would the new managers group get a notification? (Like I've shown in the crude diagram)

That way I'm thinking (in theory) assignment to the sub teams and parent team will result in email notifications to the group members (again I'm making an assumption that the notify analyst expands out the members rather than emailing the group) but as the team 1 managers group isn't mail enabled this won't be enumerated and the manager won't get an email. Think may need to do some testing around this but I'm hoping the logic is sound enough?