Home Analyst Portal

Have been getting complaints from users that a red bell is showing up on the "My Work" console.

Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭

Have been getting complaints from users that a red bell is showing up on the "My Work" console but the ticket is not breached and has plenty of time before it does. Has anyone else seen this behavior.

I was given this by Cireson, but it did not work.

Run this on your Service Management

DB TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified;

TRUNCATE TABLE WorkItem;

Then restart the cachebuilder.

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Have been getting complaints from users that a red bell is showing up on the "My Work" console but the ticket is not breached and has plenty of time before it does. Has anyone else seen this behavior.

I was given this by Cireson, but it did not work.

Run this on your Service Management

DB TRUNCATE TABLE LastModified;

TRUNCATE TABLE WorkItem;

Then restart the cachebuilder.

Any info on this would be great.

Thanks

Do you possibly have any customizations in place?

• Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭

no customizations. thanks

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    So what has changed in your system? This just started happening? Were the SLA's reconfigured? Are you experiencing the same issue with your account?

• Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭
    No this has been happening all along. Nobody really noticed it or complained because when they saw the red bell they would go in and resolve the ticket. but now there are tickets that take more time to resolve so this is more visible now.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommend to reveiw the SLA status on console vs portal to see if more than one SLA is getting applied. Then if they do not match review the data time and zone settings on the server vs the users workstation.
  • john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    This is usually due to the presence of a first response SLA. The workflow which changes the SLA Status on a work item does not change the last modified date to change, so by the time the workflow has detected that the SLA conditions have been satisfied and changes the status on the work item, the data has already been replicated to the ServiceManagement database. The cache builder service will not copy the new data over until another change is detected on the work item.

I normally suggest that you go into Admin Settings > Setting Items on the portal and set the LastModifiedAdjustmentInMilliseconds to a value like 180000. This will keep copying work items for three minutes after they have last been modified, and should be long enough to allow the SLA workflow to complete.