Home Action Log Notify

Action Log Notify cannot send the message

Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I've just imported the Action log notify app following the installation documentation. Unfortunately, it's nowhere written how the message is supposed to be sent to the appropriate user. When checking the log file, I see:

06.04.2017::15:02::Attempting to send email to xxx.yyyy@test.com...
06.04.2017::15:02::The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

We do not allow anonymous mails. I haven't seen an option to configure things like SMTP Server or the user that is allowed to send messages, like it can be done in the Cireson portal. Anything I'm missing or won't it be possible to use the Action log notify app if anonymous messages are disabled? SCSM workflow account has access to the mailbox and Send As rights.

Thanks.

Ingrid

Best Answer

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Ingrid, 

I think you will find the answer to your issue here - https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/5734#Comment_5734
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well @merlenette_jones beat me to that :)
  • Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hi Merlenette,

I'm talking about the Action Log Notify app that gets imported in the SCSM console. In my opinion, there's no need to have the Cireson portal installed to use this app. Configuring the Service account of the CiresonPortal application pool doesn't make sense to me. By the way, Send Mail from the portal works fine.

In the log file you can see that the configuration of the E-Mail Notification Channel is used to send the mail. This works fine when a "Send Mail" task is used in the console, but not sending out mails with the Action Log Notify app. SCSM workflow user as well as Cireson Portal application pool account have both SendAs rights with the mailbox.

Any other configuration I'm missing?

Ingrid

This discussion has been closed.