Home Time Tracker
Options

Cannot modify existing custom form

Jack_GallemoreJack_Gallemore Customer IT Monkey ✭

I'm attempting to add the Time Tracker to an already modified form.  The only change to this form is the removal of "Area" and the addition of "Category" on the custom SR form. I can make changes to a copy of the form and save the form just fine, but when I follow the instructions detailed in KB for Time Tracker, it gives the following error:

Found error in

1|okcServiceRequestExtensions|1.0.0|okcServiceRequestExtensions.Category|| with message:

The Target attribute value is not valid. Element okcServiceRequestExtensions.Category references a Target element that cannot be found.

Category is a list called okcArea and is present in the list picker.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

It turns out that removing the ManagementPackPublicKey Token fixed the issue.  Thanks for the input, everyone.

Answers

• Options
    David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    how are you sealing the management pack? does the category exist in the XML? if so does it have a keyToken as below

<Category ID="CustomChangeManagement.Category" Value="Console!Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.ManagementPack">
          <ManagementPackName>CustomChangeManagement</ManagementPackName>
          <ManagementPackVersion>1.0.0.0</ManagementPackVersion>
     <ManagementPackPublicKeyToken>cdbaab742b0cb57d</ManagementPackPublicKeyToken>

If you are trying to seal using fast seal you need to add this manually to match your keyfile
  • Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hello @Jack_Gallemore I think you will find the solution to your issue in the attached pdf file

Let me know if this helps
  • Options
    Answer ✓

It turns out that removing the ManagementPackPublicKey Token fixed the issue.  Thanks for the input, everyone.