Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

New folder and link dissapears from portal

Peter_NordqvistPeter_Nordqvist Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi!

Im trying to create a new folder and in that folder a new link. But after a couple of minutes, the folder and link dissapears.
I cannot even see it in admin settings. But the links and folders is written and exists in ServiceManagement database (NavigationNode table) How can i fix this? 

Answers

• Options
    james_kleinschnitzjames_kleinschnitz Cireson Dev, Product Owner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The navigation node details are cached in the browser session storage.  Are you using two different browsers? Try logging out in order to refresh the session cache.
  • Options
    Hi James
    Does not work, were using Windows authentication, tried with Chrome, IE11 and Edge, same result. deleted browser cache..
  • Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi!

Im trying to create a new folder and in that folder a new link. But after a couple of minutes, the folder and link dissapears.
    I cannot even see it in admin settings. But the links and folders is written and exists in ServiceManagement database (NavigationNode table) How can i fix this? 
    Looking at your log files:

2017-04-05 13:54:17,470, ERROR [   4]:  The knowledge manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-KnowledgeManagers).
    2017-04-05 13:54:17,549, ERROR [   4]:  The asset manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-AssetManagers).
    2017-04-05 14:09:52,302, ERROR [   5]:  The knowledge manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-KnowledgeManagers).
    2017-04-05 14:09:52,365, ERROR [   5]:  The asset manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-AssetManagers).
    2017-04-05 15:12:52,092, ERROR [   4]:  The knowledge manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-KnowledgeManagers).
    2017-04-05 15:12:52,155, ERROR [   4]:  The asset manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-AssetManagers).

I would suggest configuring these groups properly to get the proper affect from the portal. If any of these groups are configured incorrectly you will get sporadic behavior as you are seeing 

Thank you,

Merle
  • Options
    Hi!

Looking at your log files:

2017-04-05 13:54:17,470, ERROR [   4]:  The knowledge manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-KnowledgeManagers).
    2017-04-05 13:54:17,549, ERROR [   4]:  The asset manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-AssetManagers).
    2017-04-05 14:09:52,302, ERROR [   5]:  The knowledge manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-KnowledgeManagers).
    2017-04-05 14:09:52,365, ERROR [   5]:  The asset manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-AssetManagers).
    2017-04-05 15:12:52,092, ERROR [   4]:  The knowledge manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-KnowledgeManagers).
    2017-04-05 15:12:52,155, ERROR [   4]:  The asset manager group is invalid (LST-SCSM-SG-Cireson-AssetManagers).

I would suggest configuring these groups properly to get the proper affect from the portal. If any of these groups are configured incorrectly you will get sporadic behavior as you are seeing 

Thank you,

Merle
    Yes, but as you can see those logs are old, it complained on those groups because they were not synced to cmdb.
  • Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Ok.... So are those groups now configured properly? Can you provide new log files to the tickets you created

• Options
    This was a license error, its now resolved