Home Analyst Portal
Options

Chrome Bug with Drop downs at the bottom of an RO Portal 7.3

Tim_VottaTim_Votta Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
After upgrading to 7.3 we are seeing an odd bug with dropdown menus in an RO.  They appear to be quite specific when they are happening and it is only an issue in Chrome.

If I have a dropdown at the very bottom of an RO, when I click on the arrow to expand the dropdown, it flashes the dropdown list for a fraction of a second and then disappears.  It is only happening in Chrome and it only happens when the dropdown box is the last item on the RO.  Furthermore, it is only happening if the page is scrolled completely down to the bottom.  If I scroll up on the page slightly, then the dropdown box functions like normal.

It is happening across all RO's when that criteria is met.

Has anyone run into this before?  Any suggestions for what might be the culprit?  I am guessing it might be something in my CSS?

Answers

• Options
    Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    In chrome on a Portal server, if you go "Control + Shift + R" it will force refresh javascript and css code.... so you could temporarily rename your custom.css file to custom.css.bak and add a empty custom.css text file then do the force refresh and see if it alters the changes.
  • Options
    Jerry_VeldhuisJerry_Veldhuis Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We've also started seeing this, but with the Activity Implementer drop down on the Activities form (after hiding some fields). It only seems to occur in chrome and only in full-screen mode. If the user scrolls up or down a bit it seems to go away. Here a sample, I'll apologize up-front for the size.

I'm able to create after moving my custom.css out of the way and using an empty file and removing all custom tasks etc from custom.js with the exception of one that hides several fields on the activity form. Which is https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/4875 hiding fields Area,Stage,Actual start,Actual end, Scheduled end, Configuration Item, and Impacted Configuration Items. I can't seemed to recreate without hiding these fields, so maybe related to screen real-estate or layout.

Nice not to feel so alone :#
  • Options
    Tim_VottaTim_Votta Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Yup that is almost exactly it Jerry.  That issue looks a bit more annoying, after the menu freaks out I can at least hit the arrow keys to choose the value that I want, with a query field like that it looks like it would be more disruptive.

I am also having similar results in testing, if I remove all CSS it clears up but I am not certain that gives a ton of direction into what will fix it.  I was also suspecting it had something to do with the screen size since the position of the drop down seems to impact whether or not it works properly.

I have one RO that looks like it should be triggering the issue but it doesn't.  The dropdown on that one is configured as an MP Enumeration List rather than a simple list though.  I might try and run with that a little bit to see if that actually makes a difference or maybe there is something else with the one RO that is working that I am not seeing.
  • Options
    Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I am also having this bug, it still exists when i disable all customspace on our staging environment. I did notice that no matter my screen size, where I am currently scrolled on the screen seems to make it functional. If I scroll to the exact right spot it works. Hopefully Cireson has a answer for this one

EDIT: While entering a incident with support.cireson.com I notice there advanced RO for incident also has the same issue, so its not just customization we have. 
  • Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This is a known issue and has been raised with Development already

https://support.cireson.com/Problem/Edit/PR62338/

You can receive updates by accessing the PR
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] IT Monkey ✭
    I see the PR specifies v7.3.  However, we are on v7.2.2012.1 and also experiencing the issue in Chrome.  Doesn't affect IE or Firefox.  Haven't tried Edge.

Thanks for your efforts!
  • Options
    Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, this impacts 7.1 through and including 7.4, and occurs when scrolled to the very bottom of the page. I have seen it affect IE as well, but it only seems to occur once then stops, whereas Chrome doesn't fix itself until you scroll up a little.

As @merlenette_jones mentioned, it is logged and being addressed. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @seth_coussens and Cireson Dev team for getting this release ready! After discussing this further with Seth he advised that trying to apply a fix for this as a one off could have other intended issues or challenges.
  • Options
    seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi, does anyone in the community have a fix for this that they've been able to figure out on their own? We have been told it is fixed and will be included in an upcoming release but due to scheduling we are desperate to get a fix and to date Cireson Support has refused to provide a one off fix or even guidance as to Kendo KBs or instructions for a manual fix. We are looking to deploy 7.4 enterprise wide (over 20k users) and this is the sole bug that we haven't been able to hammer out. Any help anyone could provide would be most appreciated!!!
    As per our private communication, a one off fix for an item that is already fixed in a soon to be released version is a bigger deal than you realize and you'd be spinning your wheels on something that would then possibly change if you attempted to make the change yourself, which I imagine would cause you even more headaches.

I do apologize for the delay but it was necessary to make sure this release is as stable as possible. The release notes for this release are already available on the Cireson support site if you'd like to see what's coming.

This fix, along with 30 other fixes will be released Monday. Final phases of testing were completed today.
  • Options
    Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @seth_coussens, that makes sense. It always seems to be the little bugs like this that cause grief and get in the way of moving forward. Thanks for your help and getting this release ready. Glad your team was able to squash this one along with many others!