Home Asset Management

Has anyone developed asset reporting

GordonGordon Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

It seems to me that there are no decent out of the box reports for asset management. If I want a simple report that shows me something like

Make
Model
Serial Number
Owner
HDD Capacity
Memory

and a few other basic details, I have to join about 15 tables together either in SQL, Power Query or Power BI. It all just seems harder than it should be?

Am I missing something?

Answers

• Steven_WillisSteven_Willis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I would be interested in this too. I'm spending most of my time in PowerBI right now, but not having a lot of luck connecting the Cireson HW Asset tables with the Computer tables in Service Manager.
  • Steven_WillisSteven_Willis Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I am not having any problems getting the Cireson tables together for the HW Assets, its making the connection to the Computer tables to get the HDD, Memory, OS, Inventory Date and other fields that are part of the Service Manager computer tables. Is there an architecture diagram or roadmap of the tables to associate anywhere for reference?
  • Joshua_GuereJoshua_Guere Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have some custom Asset Management reports, but none that are designed for exactly what you're requesting.  And the quick answer is, yes, you have to join a ton of tables or views to get what you need.  If I were Cireson, I would invest some resources in the Analytics app...