Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Affected User also an Analyst Breaks Notification Subscriptions

Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I’ve been doing some extensive testing trying to get notification subscriptions/templates configured for our go-live of the Self-Service portal.
Numerous tests have been performed with a test end-user account and, apart from a bug with the Exchange Connector, everything is working great.
Unfortunately, I ran into a problem today where I created a test incident and made the affected user my co-worker (and myself the Assigned to analyst.)  He received the email notification alerting him of the new incident opened on his behalf, with a link to the incident in the portal.  He logged into the portal and added a comment to the action log, but when doing so it showed up as “analyst comment” instead of “end user comment.”
It makes sense, however this breaks our notification subscriptions where we have them scoped to Trouble Ticket User Comments.   He received an email because of a different subscription where it notifies the Affected user when a new Analyst comment exists, but I (as the analyst in this case) never received a notification that the incident was updated by him because he wasn’t an end user.
Makes sense?  Anything we can do here?  It would probably be fixed if it recognized him as the Affected user in this case and logged his addition to the action log as an End user comment.

13 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, did you ever find a resolution?
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    we are facing the same problems
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every large org will run into this issue. (as I do)
    Since it is a sealed MP cannot review the logic but what is needed
    Analyst comment on Affected User who is Analyst comment but support groups do not match needs to fire off the work flow. 
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We have a workaround in place now (thanks to a Microsoft PFE that assisted with this) which works, with some minor issues, courtesy of an Orchestrator runbook.  The "minor issue" is that in the comment log the analyst comment will be logged twice (once as an end user comment and once as an analyst comment.)  We can live with that annoyance though :)