Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Collection-less Software Deployments

Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
I have heard many times now from folks that they would like a way to be able to deploy software to users or machines without having to create or select a Collection. Perhaps logic can be added on the backend that would search for existing deployments based on a template and simply add the user or computer to that targeted collection. This could help keep collection management easier for the Admin.

This functionality wouldn't be a replacement for Collection Management functionality that will be coming soon to the CMP, but rather an option for Software Deployments to be given to maybe Helpdesk and Desktop Support if enabled. 
3 votes

Backlog Planning · Last Updated

We are actively working on a new Software Deployment wizard that should simplify the current process while allowing the same advanced options we already support. This will also lay the groundwork for future features being added to software deployment. Stay tuned.

Comments

• Options
    Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Another option would be including the Collection target in a Deployment Template and locking down permissions so that corresponding analysts can only use their assigned templates.
  • Options
    wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great suggestions Billy. Something to look at for the future. I know that I've filed requests to allow us to require users to select a template, as well as to lock them so that they can't change settings from the template. Will see when we can get those added.