Home Remote Manage
Options

Updates marked as 'needed' when already installed

MarcVDHMarcVDH Member IT Monkey ✭

Hello,
Thanks for this great app, it is really useful.
Can I ask you how you check for updates to be available on a machine ? only on the SCCM server or by checking the client machine too ?
I asked that because I tried, as a test, to patch a machine from the app; to do this I looked at the tab Available Updates and saw 4 updates, I then click on Install All and waited.
Everything was running fine until one of the update status was 'requires restart' (in Software Center), for the other updates the status was installed.
The update that needed a restart was always marked as 'available' in Available Updates in the Remote Manage App.
Isn't it possible to change the behaviour of the detection to remove the installed updates requiring a reboot and also add in the Actions & Tools / Available Updates / Installed Updates  a line showing that a reboot is needed due to updates installation ? 

As a small request, could you please add a refresh button on the Other tab ?
I ask that because the reboot pending status in the Agent Information is never updated unless you reconnect to the machine. So even after the installation of multiple updates (needing a reboot), the reboot status always stays on false.

Regards

Marc

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The data is returned solely from the ConfigMgr primary server.
    This data is not readily available in the ConfigMgr database and therefore is not displayed.

However, Having this kind of functionality would be EXCEPTIONALLY helpful to admins.
    While I don't see this being added to the free tools any time soon it might be added to the paid version of the Config Manager Portal if enough people request it.

If you like I can raise it as a Feature Request on this product if you like. Conversely, you can raise it as a feature request. (I'd certainly vote for it!!)
  • Options
    wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We do read some items from the site and some items from the client, so just depends on what tab/data set that you are looking at as to whether it comes from the site or the client.

As to a refresh button, as Brett said, submit that as a Feature Request for the Configuration Manager Remote Manage app, and we'll see when we can get to it (no promises).
This discussion has been closed.