Home General Discussion

Will Asset Excel run on Windows 10? And is there a problem with Windows 10 updates?

Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
I have used Asset Excel for awhile, but after an update to Windows 10 it disappeared. I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, but I thought I'd used Asset Excel since the original Windows 10 upgrade.

Answers

• damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

There should not be any issues with Windows 10. Basic, but if you have not tried uninstall and reinstall, I would try that first. If that does not work, you might have to turn on the add-in in the File > Options > Add-ins section of Excel. Also, make sure the version of the add-in, x86 or x64, matches the version of Office, not the OS.

• Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    All that is done. I used it a few days ago, but it disappeared. I have 2 other people with the same issue. I'm betting it has to do with a group policy that was updated on Monday night.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I personally am on the most recent update of Windows 10, and have no issues. Have not heard of any problems with Windows 10 updates, but curious if others have to post their experience. Thanks.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the Group Policy update have anything for excel macros or security settings?
  • Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭

I don't know. I have a ticket in for the group who takes care of that - I'll ask that specifically.