Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Ability to "Tag" templates to be available or not via the Analyst portal

Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
We have a ton of templates but more than half are for the service catalog. We run into an issue that Analyst still choose them via New -Work Item - IR or SR - From Template. This causes an issue where the analyst do not perform the correct data mapping
Would like the ability to "tag" a template a workflow template or not. 
Similar to the email tag for Advanced send email.
Meaning if the template title includes RO then will be excluded from the new from template list.
27 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the name to automatically include or exclude a template would be amazing.  Clicking the checkbox in the user role from within the console is not a fun experience.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks Does removing the "Form Template" from their security role still allows them to submit RO targeting that template? I always assumed that removing the template would cause the RO to fail on submission. Thanks
    They can still submit using the template, they just cannot select it.  If you told me that this was simply due to scoping not working as intended in some way, however, I would not be surprised to learn that.
    I will have to give it a try. Been avoiding as much scope as I can and been somewhat successful so far. But the 50 support groups have been getting antsy about see others content.
    Update @Tom_Hendricks If you remove the templates from the User roles. When the user attempts to submit a Service Offering getting an error on the webconsole.log
    2017-05-30 10:27:40,379, ERROR [ 115]:  Creating request offering failed with error: An object of class ManagementPackObjectTemplate with ID 5c15add6-8f74-151a-3624-ad796f96fe85 was not found.
    Had to provide the all templates in roles to clear the error. 
  • Yuriy_MikhaylenkoYuriy_Mikhaylenko Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have similar issue and would like to disable visibility of request offering (especially created with Advanced Request Offering app) on portal per Analysts. Disabling Request offering Forms in user roles is not working. Analysts need have access them in order to save requests on portal. Is there the way to disable/hide them in drawer - NEW button>IR/SR>Templates by editing CSS entries? Thank you
    @Brian_Wiest, I am not seeing that behavior, but the reason is that my hidden templates are being used by the API (outside app) and not directly through the catalog.  The account using the API has rights to see the template, but the users do not.

So now that I have that straight, count this as support for your earlier comment and an emphatic endorsement for the feature request.

@Yuriy_Mikhaylenko, your idea to disable certain entries seems to be the only way to accomplish this, until this feature request is delivered.  I would add that it would most likely require JavaScript, and not just CSS alone.

The template list is a Kendo grid control, which suggests that the rows should belong to a data list that could, in theory, be edited before or after render. 
    Slight modification to this idea. What if in the template description we place a URL of the service offering, that when clicking open on the template it actually takes you to the request offering.
  • Marc-Andre_LafleurMarc-Andre_Lafleur Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    That would be a great feature.

In the meantime, I've implemented this which will filter out any templates (from any work item types) that starts with a specific prefix (line 5).

$(document).ready(function(){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var templateObserver = new MutationObserver(function (mutations){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;$(".templatename").each(function(index){<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;var tplName = $(this).children('strong');<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;if(tplName[0].innerText.match("^TPL")) {<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$(this).parent('tr').eq(0).hide();<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;}<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;});<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; });<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var drawerActionNode = $(".drawermenu-details")[0];<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; var observerConfig = { attributes: false, childList: true, subtree: true, characterData: false };<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; templateObserver.observe(drawerActionNode, observerConfig);<br>});
    Created in 8.1.1, tested on IE, Edge and Chrome.
    @Marc-Andre_Lafleur
    Thanks for the code however I have run into one bug and can't get my head around it yet. 
    When the code is active on the portal if someone receives a link that has "page" ie all the dashboard pages the page will load and then load the 

Failed

The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it.

If I hit the back button the page will provide the error do I want to leave or continue to edit. If I hit leave the dashboard page will load. 

This is only for links direct to dashboards. If I copy paste into the browser it works fine. 

Any thoughts?

• Marc-Andre_LafleurMarc-Andre_Lafleur Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I am also having some issue with the code, especially in IE. I deactivated it for now and I'll work on it later this week. I'll update this post if I manage to fix it.
    @Marc-Andre_Lafleur
    I think I got the script updated and fixed.
    Using the post from https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2443/hiding-templates-from-showing
    Combined your script and his and with the following I am not getting the error in IE. 

$(document).ready(function () {
        var observer = new MutationObserver(function (mutations) {
            $(".templatename").each(function (index) {
                var tplName = $(this).children('strong');
                if (tplName[0].innerText.match("-WF")) {
                    $(this).parent('tr').eq(0).hide();
                }
            });
        });

var target = document.querySelector('.drawerdetails-actions-box');
        observer.observe(target, {
            attributes: true