Home Analyst Portal

We had a change that was created through a template that did not create all of the MA's.

Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭
We had a change that was created through a template that did not create all of the MA's that are included in the template. Has anyone seen this behavior? The user wants to know why the MA in question is missing. Any ideas. I am looking through the logs but don't see anything that stands out.

Answers

• john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    It's difficult to say what is causing the failure of the activity creation, but I would suspect the properties defined on the activity, particularly any enumerators. The simplest solution would be to delete the existing template and recreate it from scratch. That would eliminate any missing references to modified or deleted properties in the template.
  • Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭
    John,
    Thanks for your feedback. The template seems fine because it was used after this issue and the missing MA was created correctly.  this was a one time issue. However the end user wants an explanation of why this occured.
  • Steve_ClarkeSteve_Clarke Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I have seen strange behaviour using CR templates as well. In my case 2 of the activities would intermittently change order. This would also only happen on some occasions. I know it can be a pain but try deleting the template and re-create it, re-adding your activies again. You will probably have to then "wait and see" if it happens again.. this is probably the quickest fix. I did dig into the XML and look at the ordering numbers but everything looked ok, so I just gave up and re-created it.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me this behavior happens when the SCSM Management servers are out of sync.
    Resolution steps
    Stop the Cireson cache builder
    Truncate Cireson table last modified
    Run the SCSM Health State Cache clear procedure
    Restart the Cireson cache builder.
    It should then pick up the latest and greatest copy of the template.
    Thanks Brian. We only have one management server so that wouldn't have been the case for us. But might help Lou. Cheers.
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    One server for both SCSM and cireson?
    The process is still need just less often. 
    Yes one server. Ok good to know. If I ever see it again I will give it a shot.
  • Lou_GuardiaLou_Guardia Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Steve and Brian for your input.