Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Developing an integrated calculator for self-service request

What is the best approach to developing a cost calculator embedded in self-service portal for an end user?  For example, during a request for an iPad they can choose options (16gb or 64gb; wifi or 4G, etc) and have a cost displayed during the request process.

Answers

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to simply displaying the cost of each item or having a running total as selections are made?
  • VladVlad Member IT Monkey ✭
    Running total - similar to the apple store or dell store experience
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I am actually working on something similar, a shopping cart-like RO, where users can choose models from a query result with images, and have a 'shopping cart' div beneath 'Get Help' box. What I'm doing is getting the selected items from the kendo grid, and with that I can access the properties from the selected CI, in this case 'Price'. I store the selected items in an array, and then update the text in the div when a new item is selected. It's WIP and it's lowly prioritized right now, so I don't really have anything to share, but you could be inspired by Adrian Paech's psot about improving the query result picker: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1167/download-improve-ui-on-request-offering-grid-picker

If you aren't using query result for this but simple or enum list, you could simply have a switch case in your js, which matches on the selected option and updates the 'shopping cart' div with a price also defined in your js.