Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Copying KB articles from the SCSM database

john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Community Uploads
The other day, someone asked about migrating KB articles from the SCSM database to the Cireson Portal.

I built a small PowerShell script to attempt this. The code is fairly simple. You need to place the MarkupConverter.dll file somewhere on the file system and then reference this path in the script. You also need to set the URL to your Portal Server, and your credentials to authenticate to the portal.

It uses SMLets to get the list of KB articles from the SCSM Server and then uploads the articles to the Cireson Portal using the API - AddOrUpdateHTMLKnowledgeApi.

The code converts the RTF content in the End User and Analyst content to XAML, and then converts this to HTML. I looks alright on my server, but I am not guaranteeing the accuracy of the conversion.

Please feel free to modify it and adapt it to your needs.

Comments

• Peter_NordqvistPeter_Nordqvist Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Fantastic job ! Thanks!!
  • Mike_RistonMike_Riston Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Brilliant stuff! 

I ran my code remotely, so I had to add -ComputerName into Get-SCSMObject and Get-SCSMClass on line 109.
  • AdrianoAdriano Member IT Monkey ✭
    Great script. I used it to migrate the KB to Cireson Portal, but the images and external links don't appear in Cireson. 

Is this the expected behavior of the script?