Home Asset Management

Asset Management - Shipping equipment tracking

Karen_Bruster1Karen_Bruster1 Member IT Monkey ✭
We are getting ready to configure and deploy Cireson Asset Management. One of my managers would llike to know if there is a way to track equipment when shipping it from one location to another

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We are getting ready to configure and deploy Cireson Asset Management. One of my managers would llike to know if there is a way to track equipment when shipping it from one location to another
    Hello Karen,

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you would like to see?

I have somewhat of a similar process for new HWA's that are on order. Although I use a status of "on-order" you could add the HWA with some notes and track by changing the location of the HWA depending on where it resides. 

• Karen_Bruster1Karen_Bruster1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    We want to track equipment that is being shipped between agency locations via FedEx, I actually suggested using the ticketing system but they want to know if Asset Management can track it.
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We want to track equipment that is being shipped between agency locations via FedEx, I actually suggested using the ticketing system but they want to know if Asset Management can track it.
    Hi Karen,

In terms of tracking what I have instituted the status "Assets on Order" which defines assets that are in transit. Then once they are received you would change the status again. So in a way yes. Is that what you are expecting?
  • Karen_Bruster1Karen_Bruster1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the answer but I think they are looking for a more ERP type ability. So I have talked to my Cireson Engineer about customizing some fields for them