Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Skype for Business - right click to view, create, and add to work items

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
Similar to the right-click context menu for the Outlook add-in, we should be able to right-click a user to create a work item on their behalf, or add a conversation to the action log of a new or existing work item.

Also, we should be using the portal forms, rather than console forms.  :)

Lastly, wouldn't it be nice to be able to search work items (assigned to me, team, all, etc.) and place links to them in the body of an IM?  I can do that by typing the URL from memory, but none of my users can (nor should they be able to, really)!
16 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tom_Hendricks
    I've just been asked by another customer for something like this.

For super simplicity would you envision this working something like this:
    • During a chat in S4B an analyst can right click and select "Create IR From Chat"
      The Cireson Analyst portal is opened and a new IR form opened
      The user in the chat is entered as the affected user
      The chat history becomes the description
    • During a chat in S4B an analyst can right click and select "Add to Existing IR"
      A prompt appears asking for the IR number
      The Cireson Analyst portal is opened to the existing IR
      The chat history is added to the action log
    If you can envision how else this would function, please let me know.
  • Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is very close to what I had in mind, but with the following differences:
    • Just seeking clarification here, I can see where you may have only been using IR as an example of all tickets.  SR tickets are significantly more important to us than IR.  This could be useful for solution teams adding comments to a PR or change managers adding comments to a CR.  Back to my first point, you may have already been considering that, though.  :)
    • Being able to select a template is absolutely critical for our analysts.  That is how they know the escalation path for less common / more complex tickets, for example.  This could just be a pop-up with a template dropdown list that occurs after the right-click.  They will not use this if it only creates tickets with the default template, and we probably won't push it to their desktops.  With templates, they will love this.
    Otherwise, you and your other customer seem to have a great handle on this already!  Some of my users have expressed keen interest in this, and will be thrilled if it works this way in an upcoming release.