Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Copy Change (CR) and Release Records (RR)

Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Following on from existing feature "Create Problem and Create Change tasks on work item forms", this could be a task to copy records. 

We don't want dozens of CR or RR templates, and activities can be slow to work through. Instead of starting a new template from scratch, it would be helpful for an OOTB solution to copy a record that's prefilled with 90% of the content you will keep. This will save hours, especially when your C&R process could include several activities. *we don't offer console access to analysts only admins.  

33 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Eugen_MuellerEugen_Mueller Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is a must have feature!!!!
  • Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Agree - our users/analysts enter the same information over and over. This would be a most welcome feature.
  • R_DelawderR_Delawder Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    we use SCORCH and a custom task to do a copy to new as we wanted to copy the activity info. 
    if your not worried about copying the activities the attached files will give you a basic copy CR function.
    It will prompt you for the template to use then copy the data from the existing CR (such as implementation plan etc. into the new CR) it is actually a variation of the script provided on the downloads page for converting a IR to SR. 

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    We operate similarly--no console access except for admins.  For those who are comfortable with JS and the API, it is fairly trivial to adapt the Cireson IR/SR conversion tasks into a "Copy this CR" task. (I did a similar take on this too, before I knew @R_Delawder was going to write it for us! :) ) So far, it has been a well-received feature here, and has not hurt interest in creating templates. I would still prefer to see Cireson make this an OOB feature.  +1!
  • Evan_GordonEvan_Gordon Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited January 2017
    Upvoted this.  Our IT users typically move changes into multiple regions (4+ regions) and the Copy CR function helps. @R_Delawder 's customization is great but creates the CR right away committing all of the copied fields to the new Change Request without an option to edit any fields prior to the CR being In Progress. It would be nice to see Cireson do this OOB.
  • Ben_NelsonBen_Nelson Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This will save tons of work.   Initially we were planning to customized CR for those who make the same requests over and over. That development time wouldn't be needed.
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Up vote.
  • Evan_GordonEvan_Gordon Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi, we still have issues with this. Is there a way to set the new CR to a On Hold status? Or code to add that would change the new CR to On Hold?
  • Sam_BuxtonSam_Buxton Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Is this going to be something thats implemented? We have a use case for this
  • Jason_MeyerJason_Meyer Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Revisiting this feature request.  Today our discussion was around how CRs just need a "copy to new" option like IR and SR has.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree here, contradicting my own earlier posts.

Recent updates to the popular browsers and other security updates have made the custom copy script run worse and worse over time, if at all.  This was a well-received customization but is now the source of many complaints.  This one needs a vendor-based solution, now.

I have attempted to write my own Copy To New based entirely off the IR and SR copy tasks, but it fails on pushing the viewmodel to the new page.  Maybe the CR form just isn't able to receive it like the others?  It would be much better if Cireson just handled this.  :)
  • Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Upvoted, this has been requested by our analysts as well and would be great if it was implemented as a default option :) 
  • Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

There's a task named 'Copy To New' in the task pane in opened IR/SR.

Can't Cireson reuse this one for CRs, are CRs so much different from IRs/SRs? Thanks.

• Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This seems like a good add in option for the portal

edited February 2023

@R_Delawder Are you using this solution in the latest baseline version?

I get to select the template but have no OK or cancel option.

Realised the html needed changing so I found another example:

<div> <!--Make sure you have an outer div if you are putting this in a kendo window-->

<div id="createCRHTML" class="form-horizontal">

<div>

<div class="col-group">

<div class="inline-spacing">

<label>Please select a CR template:</label>

</div>

<div class="inline-spacing">

<select id="templateselected" data-role="dropdownlist" data-bind="source: dropDownData, events: { change: valueChanged, dataBound: valueChanged }" data-text-field="Name" data-value-field="Id"></select>

</div>

</div>

<div class="window-buttons">

<button data-role="button"

class="btn btn-primary"

data-bind="enabled: okEnabled, events: { click: okClick }">

OK

</button>

<button data-role="button"

class="btn btn-primary"

data-bind=" events: { click: cancelClick }">

Cancel