Home Asset Excel

Please Fix

Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
edited May 2017 in Asset Excel
I found two things that need to be fixed with the Acireson Asset Excel App.

First: When installing the application, the application states that 'Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime' must be installed and gives the link 'https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20479'. This link is 404. Please update the link to 'https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=48217'

Second: Installation fails saying I need Excel 2013 or greater. I have Excel 2016 with an Office Pro Plus license from MS. So it looks like you need to fix this ASAP.

Best Answer

• Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I finally figured it out, though it has a strong feeling of déjà vu. Please update the installation instructions wiki... Many enterprise desktops do not natively run as elevated permissions like support call centers. This is probably the reason why you were not able to reproduce the error.

To install the Cireson Asset Excel app, simply run the EXE or MSI on the client machine(s).

to:
    To install the Cireson Asset Excel app, simply run the EXE or MSI on the client machine(s) with elevated permissions. (Right-click the EXE or MSI and select 'Run As Administrator.')

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Christopher,

Thank you for the information.

Is it possible you have multiple versions of Asset Excel installed on your machine?
    Nope.

I'm sorry not Asset excel. Microsoft Excel.

Is Excel installed locally?
    100% without a doubt yes, it  is installed locally.

What version x86 or x64?
    x86 32-bit

So I  know I don't need to ask if you are using the x86 version of asset excel. Let me comb through some notes .I had this issue before but everything is checking out so drawing a  blank. Give me a moment to figure this one out please.
    Yes, using the x86 setup. See video.
    Another day of lost productivity.  :(
    I would suggest uninstalling your version of office and reinstalling it. This is not something I'm able to reproduce
    Answer ✓
    I finally figured it out, though it has a strong feeling of déjà vu. Please update the installation instructions wiki... Many enterprise desktops do not natively run as elevated permissions like support call centers. This is probably the reason why you were not able to reproduce the error.

To install the Cireson Asset Excel app, simply run the EXE or MSI on the client machine(s).

to:
    To install the Cireson Asset Excel app, simply run the EXE or MSI on the client machine(s) with elevated permissions. (Right-click the EXE or MSI and select 'Run As Administrator.')
    Also pass to your developers and ask them to use MSIUSEREALADMINDETECTION in the MSI packaging. It would have saved this poor sod a few days of embarrassment. 
    @Christopher_Carver
     great work will definitely get this updated!

Thank you
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Thank you for the insight. KA has been updated.