Home Remote Manage

Welcome to the Remote Manage discussion area

wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi everyone. It's great to have you here. This is were you can ask questions on the Cireson Remote Manage app for Configuration Manager. Feel free to browse available discussions and threads, or start your own. We'll make sure to get an answer posted either by one of our great customers, or a Cireson person as appropriate.

Comments

• MikeComptonMikeCompton Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Wally

Is this the correct place/method to report issues with the Remote Manage app?
  • MikeComptonMikeCompton Member IT Monkey ✭
    Firstly, this tools is the best single-client management tool for SCCM 2012 i have come across. Very slick and the process screen having both the monitor capability (with highlight) AND the ability to sort by process creation date/time is very useful, i havent come across another tool that can do that/reliably.

Here is my input to improve the product (obviously subjective, but I always try to think around the way others would use the product).

Feature Requests:

Action & Tools Tab: The vast majority of this tab is taken up with the log window. Having a log window is EXCELLENT so i can see why you would want to show it off, however I think a better use of the space on a large res screen, is showing a longer list of collections (both the 'member of' and 'add to') and limiting the log window to fewer lines.

Installed Updates tab: Does not show the installed date/time of updates, this is very useful even more so if it is sortable.

Re-Run a Deployment - I appreciate this is a little old school since Apps came about, but its still valid with Packages and TS's. This is a very valuable feature i think, and a number of competing apps offer it.

Bug report:
    Installed Software tab: Installed date column does not sort correctly (en-GB; might be related?).

Thanks!
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comments, and really pleased to hear that you are very happy with the app itself. We do want to improve it, and certainly want to hear from our customers as to what improvements you all would love to see. We have heard a few of these already, but always good to hear them again.

However, you really wouldn't want to offer comments/suggestions on the announcement post itself, you'd create a new thread :-) I guess in hindsight, I should have locked the announcement once I had created it.

And for product suggestions, the best place to go is the Feature Request area (can see the link at the top. At that location is a link to Configuration Manager Apps. That's where you'd want to create feature requests. And, it would even be best to put individual requests in unique threads. The purpose for that, is that in the Feature Requests area, other users can vote for you suggestion if they like it. If you put multiple in a single thread, then it is hard to tell which one others really want :-)

Make sense? If you want to go to the Feature Request portion of the site, then Configuration Manager Apps, and created new threads there for each suggestion (or bug), we can take it from there. And that will allow others to vote on your ideas (which should receive some votes I'd imagine).

Thanks again, much appreciate the feedback,

Wally
  • PaulWozniakPaulWozniak Member IT Monkey ✭
    Wally,

It seems this product uses SCCM for remote control. Our issue is managing non-domain, Workgroup, off-site clients with SCCM. It requires a Distribution Point installed on a server for each of our customers, and that is not an option for everyone, especially smaller customers.

We are looking for a Remote Management tool that only requires an agent installed on each client's machine and talks back to SCCM. IN the past we have tried Sysaid, Teamviewer, and WebEX to access remote clients.

Does this Remote Manage SCCM add-on have the ability to do this?

If not, is there another product Cireson has that can accomplish this, or could there be an update to this in the future?
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the question. Just for reference, it is best to ask questions in their own thread, as opposed to adding onto another thread. That helps in numerous ways actually.

Anyway, the Remote Manage app is a tool to help access remote clients to facilitate functions, such as help desk. It does not rely on ConfigMgr Remote Control at all, although you can launch the native Remote Control feature from the Remote Manage app. We use WinRM as a means to connect to the client, and use calls to query information and perform actions. This would have nothing to do with distribution points or providing content to Configuration Manager clients. We're just providing a way to help manage existing clients. You still will need DPs, or other peer caching features, to provide content to clients.

Not really sure what you are asking about. But you can feel free to email me directly with your concerns/request and we can discuss. wally.mead@cireson.com

Wally
  • Billy_LeeBilly_Lee Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Wally,

I have the Remote Manage app opened and connected to a client.  But none of the client actions, client tools and Tabs are clickable.  Any idea?
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    According to manual https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/42#/:
    To activate tabs you will need to specify the remote computer to connect to (the "Client") as well as the SMS Provider computer to connect to. Once you have supplied those two values, you can simply press Enter, or click the "Connect" button to the left of "Client".

As aclient enter client name. you can read also https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/79#/
    Hi Marek,

As stated, I have connected to a client.  It pulled down Device information and Device Collections that it's in.  But that's it, nothing else is clickable.
    edited January 2018
    Do you get "SCCM Information" and "Client logging information" as in picture below? Or you have error log?
    Can you check firewall settings?

Error example

Here is what I'm seeing.
    edited January 2018
    This "Device Information" is recived from SCCM. So it looks that your not connected to client device.

I think, you should check your connection - firewall (check ports 135, 5985, 5986 and mayby 2701, 3389). To check the vrm ports open up a command prompt as an administrator and type the following command: ‘winrm get winrm/config’.  Review the output and verify authentication, port settings, and filters are set as required.
    More about connection ports at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427328.aspx

To check connection you can run command prompt as an administrator and wrote telnet CLIENT_IP 135

Ports successful in testing.
This discussion has been closed.