Home Analyst Portal
Options

Text box width autosizing

Eden_RavenwoodEden_Ravenwood Member IT Monkey ✭
Textbox prompts on a request offering automatically size to half of the available width while the page is formatted for a wide browser window, but they automatically size to use all the available width when the page is formatted for a narrow browser window.  Can anyone advise me what the custom css would be to make text boxes automatically resize to use all the available width when the page is formatted for a wide browser window?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hi Eden,

I wouldn't advise on a css solution to this, because the width of the controls on the request forms is determined by the use of bootstrap classes.

You could try adding this script to your custom.js file:

$(document).ajaxStop(function () {
            $(this).unbind('ajaxStop');
        if ( $( "div.question-container" ).length ) {
            $("div.question-container > div.col-md-6").removeClass("col-md-6");
            $("div.question-container > div.col-md-4").removeClass("col-md-4");
        }
    });
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, my area of expertise is not web development so using css was not a preference just an assumption, and I'll take whatever works.  Unfortunately though the custom.js snippet you've provided hasn't resulted in any change in the behavior of the text box resizing.  My custom.js was completely blank, can the snippet above be added as is to an empty custom.js file or does it require some additional wrapping?

I don't know if its relevant at all but I notice in IE11 the control that appears on the right-hand edge of a text box prompt is a vertical scrollbar, whereas in Chrome (58) the control on a textbox prompt is a resize corner on the bottom right corner.  Is that expected?
  • Options
    Yep clearing the browser cache got it working.  Thanks.