Home Analyst Portal
Options

Is there a way to limit the AD search for the "Assigned to" field to people not groups or objects?

Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
On the Analyst screen, when you assign the ticket (not using Assign to Analyst by Group), you can search anything in AD and assign the ticket.

Answers

• Options
    Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Cindy_Boyer, within our organization we've changed the following two settings items within the Cireson Portal Administration menu:

GroupQuery: (DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%') AND SID IS NOT Null
    UserQuery: DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR EmployeeID LIKE '%' +@Query + '%'

This will prevent someone from let's say using an All Staff distribution list as the affected user :smiley:

• Options

So I tried this but it didn't make any difference. Well, once I mistyped and couldn't search at all, but after I got all the string in correct no difference. Then I noticed you are saying the "affected user".  Are the group and user query in admin settings for affected or assigned user?

• Options
    Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Cindy_Boyer, I misread your initial post - this would affect the Affected User, however, it should affect the assigned user field as well. Perhaps try re-cycling the apppool and the Cireson website in IIS, clearing cache and then retrying. I was able to test successfully in our sandbox environment just now. 

Another thing to think about would be disabling the Support Group and Assigned To fields from being modified which would force the use of the task. This helps to prevent from non-analysts potentially being selected. It also assists in situations where organizations are large or have duplicate names (Smith, John) and the wrong John being selected in error where one is an analyst and the other is not.
  • Options

Interesting. I'll try it.

One of the requests we have now is to automatically update the group to match the analyst if the Help Desk assigns an analyst not in the group the template has on it. I keep saying ASSIGN TO ANALYST BY GROUP and you won't have that problem, but this still comes up at least once a week. Any ideas?