Home Analyst Portal

Can we show extra properties from a related class in the Work Item forms

Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

I can customise console work item forms to display properties from related classes such as contact details.  This is a great way of displaying associated information in one pane of glass rather than having to look at different views/form from different parts of SCSM.

I know we can use custom props to show info directly below the property in the analyst form, but for some properties this can look messy really quickly.  So, can we also use dedicated fields within the analyst form the same way we can by customising the console form?

Cheers,

Tim

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Tim

You can use a dedicated field on your custom portal form, example as below:

Cheers
    Joe
  • Tim_ShackletonTim_Shackleton Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Tim

You can use a dedicated field on your custom portal form, example as below:

Cheers
    Joe

Ahh, I tried that before posting this question, but it didn't work.  I must have done something wrong so I'll take another look.  Thanks for the tip!  Is it possible to do this for properties of related relationships (double hop).  For example, If I wanted to see a list of related items to the Affected User?
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only problem with doing it this way is the properties only show on page load, so it doesn't dynamically update when you change users in the picker like with extra props.

Im not sure on the double hop, though im sure someone here internally has done something clever to achieve this and can help us out :)