Home All Other Feature Requests and Ideas
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Notify Analyst - Ability To Choose Different Templates

Rob_SimonRob_Simon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Hello everyone,

Currently for Request Activities we use the same template for both CR and SR RAs. For SRs it's great as we can map whatever fields we want into the description so the person approving doesn't need to go into the portal unless they would like to see more details.

But for CRs, we are very limited and not able to map the fields we require such as:

- CR Start & End Dates
    - Risk Levels
    - Outage information
    - Etc.

This leads to grumpy IT people. Ok, more grumpy than usual IT people!

Of course we can use a runbook to gather the required information and populate the template's description field for CRs but it would be great to somehow have Notify Analyst able to detect if a RA is a parent of a CR or SR and allow the ability to select a different template.

Just a thought.
10 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! Sometimes it is necessary to have different terminology and/or variables present in the notification that goes out. It would be a great feature to allow a different RA (or even MA template) based on the parent Work Item (IR/SR/RR/CR).
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am restating what has been said, to an extent, but the ability to differentiate based on the class of the parent ticket (CR, SR, IR, etc.) would go a very long way.  If my SR approval emails have a different layout than my CR approval emails, that's 90% of what I need right there.

Being able to utilize different templates based on other criteria could also be very useful, but I would rather see the 90% satisfied first.

Outstanding suggestion!
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a note. With some of the solutions/customization's I get these use cases accomplished via, one using the ARO for Change requests and Service request to update the title/description of my review and manual activities. This then provides all the required details into the RA notification. When the use cases require more detail in the email notification I am use the customization that links parent work id to MA and RA. HTH
  • Chris_CraigChris_Craig Customer IT Monkey ✭

Being a grumpy IT person, I think it's a great suggestion. :-)

• Darryl_MunroDarryl_Munro Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I have a simple question I am sure will be easy to answer. On your Approve\Reject links in the Email Template how do you get the RA ID # in the Subject line? I have added the href details and just inserted the RA ID in between [ ] however when I get the email all I have is the text that is the Service Manager reference to the RA ID. Am I missing some HTML code to insert this.

This is what I have at the moment:

<a href="mailto:service.desk@oceanagold.com?subject=[$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$]&body=[Rejected]">
  • Rob_SimonRob_Simon Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    In the actual subject line of the email we have:

"[$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$] - Activity Approval for Review"

As for the body (as shown):

<p>You have been assigned an approval request, <a "href="http://xxxxx/Activity/Edit/$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$">$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$</a>.</p>"

• Darryl_MunroDarryl_Munro Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Rob, it is working for me now and I am sure I didn't do anything differently :-) I just went back through my templates meticulously and re-entered all the items. I must have had space or some other character I just couldn't pick out by looking at the code :-)
    Cheers Darryl