Home Analyst Portal
Options

Icon missing from portal sidebar

Ben_TeyBen_Tey Partner Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

We are facing issue that sider bar icon are missing. Anyone facing this ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you are meeting the IE 11 requirements.
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ben

Try add the site (https://support.infrontconsulting.asia) to the intranet zone in internet options.

Cheers
    Joe
  • Options
    Make sure you are meeting the IE 11 requirements.
    Yes we are using IE11. It show the icon if localhost.

Hi Ben

Try add the site (https://support.infrontconsulting.asia) to the intranet zone in internet options.

Cheers
    Joe
    Yes we did that. But it not work for certain computer. Wondering any setting in IE to be configure.
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ben

If it works for localhost it would be the IE settings of that computer, Check the below is configured from KB46

• Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> [scroll to near the bottom] -> Verify that 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication' is checked.
    • Internet Options -> Security tab -> Intranet -> Trusted Sites button -> Check the three 'Include ....' checkboxes.
    • Internet Options -> Security tab -> Local intranet - > Check to see if the level is set to Medium-Low.  If it is set to something other than Medium-Low, click the Custom level... button and scroll to the bottom and make sure that the 'Automatic logon only in Intranet zone' option is selected.
    • Internet Options -> Security tab -> Local intranet -> Click Sites -> Click Advanced -> Add the HTTP(S) address using the fully qualified name of the web server(s) you are connecting to if you are going to access the servers by their fully qualified name.  Important!
  • Options
    Hi Ben

If it works for localhost it would be the IE settings of that computer, Check the below is configured from KB46

• Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> [scroll to near the bottom] -> Verify that 'Enable Integrated Windows Authentication' is checked.
    • Internet Options -> Security tab -> Intranet -> Trusted Sites button -> Check the three 'Include ....' checkboxes.
    • Internet Options -> Security tab -> Local intranet - > Check to see if the level is set to Medium-Low.  If it is set to something other than Medium-Low, click the Custom level... button and scroll to the bottom and make sure that the 'Automatic logon only in Intranet zone' option is selected.
    • Internet Options -> Security tab -> Local intranet -> Click Sites -> Click Advanced -> Add the HTTP(S) address using the fully qualified name of the web server(s) you are connecting to if you are going to access the servers by their fully qualified name.  Important!

Still no luck. it works great in Chrome :wink:

Any other thing that i can check in IE ?
  • Options
    Amanda_FeesAmanda_Fees Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'm also having this issue. I think it may actually be somehow SCSM permissions related because people who are analysts can see it, but those who are end users cannot. I was able to replicate the issue with a test end user account. Escalating the permissions from the "Limited" Advanced Operator role to the Incident Resolver role fixed it, but this is obviously not ideal for all end users. Unfortunately my SCSM permissions are something of a train wreck, but I plan to tread through this to attempt to see what specifically fixes this display.

Of course, if someone already figured this out, you would be my hero. :)
  • Options
    Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portal Icons not showing up is a direct issue with the configuration on IE 11 in your environment. 
    For example in my environment using IE 11 my internal portal works fine, but visiting the Cireson support portal all the icons are missing.
    If I add Cireson to my trusted site GPO then the icons will display properly. 

Make sure you are running IE11 in native mode
    Test with other browsers.