Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Advanced Request Offerings - Dynamic 'Required' and 'Optional' functionality on questions

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
It would be ideal if 'required' and 'optional' were dynamic as well. At the moment, if they select a certain request type it reveals certain questions that are only optional so I can hide them. Ideally they would be 'required' if they select the appropriate request type to make sure we get the right information. 

It would be perfect if they select a request type that reveals questions and makes them required (if I've set them to required) and forces them to answer those questions before submitting a request. 
17 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy_CastleberryJeremy_Castleberry Customer IT Monkey ✭

if you Have questions that are "required" but only dynamically appear based on answers of previous questions you can do so.  They won't give an error if they are NOT answered when they are also NOT displayed.  I do this all the time.

• Options
    Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the way this is worded in the FR because I may want to have the field appear in both cases, but only require it based on the answer of another question.  This could be accomplished by having two fields with the same label, one required and one optional, and switching the visibility of them, but that is far from elegant and could be very annoying if passing the values to a runbook.
  • Options
    Jeremy_CastleberryJeremy_Castleberry Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Ah, yes I see what you mean Tom.  You wish to have the variable of required to be toggled based on an answer to a previous question but not have the question itself be toggled.   I did not get the impression that was what the OP was asking - but its certainly a good idea.