Home Asset Management

Relationship map

Kostiantyn_BukovetskKostiantyn_Bukovetsk Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

Is there a relationship map that shows what kind of relationships are built between the fields of the different class forms?  

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if Cireson provides anything, but you could use the SCSM Entity Explorer by Dieter Gasser to lookup the class and see relationships: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/SCSM-Entity-Explorer-68b86bd2

• Kostiantyn_BukovetskKostiantyn_Bukovetsk Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi Konstantin,

I`m not sure if our analyst can use this tool, but I will ask our engineer how much time it will take to prepare such a map.

Anyway, Thanks a lot!

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kostiantyn,

Yeah, this tool wouldn't be suitable to work with on a daily basis to look up relationships, but the idea was to build a map using it, as you can look up relationships on individual classes, like here for the Windows Computer class:

What exactly is it your analysts need from this map?
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Kostiantyn_Bukovetsk  .... If your engineer is familiar with C# and programming SCSM tools, then I highly recommend they take a look at SCSM CopyCat ... in particular the "Copy Extended Properties" and "Copy Extended Relationships" ... it is code to grab the class properties and relationships of a class.  A working example with source code is quite likely to save weeks worth of work.
  • Kostiantyn_BukovetskKostiantyn_Bukovetsk Customer IT Monkey ✭

Konstantin, this map I suppose will be helpful in moving our existing processes to CAM. I hoped Ciresons made something... 

Thank you both for advice. Will check it with my engineer.