Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Redesign the Service Catalog to Provide a Shopping Cart Experience - Cireson Self-Service Portal

As a customer we would like the capability to have an "Amazon type" Service Catalog and shopping experience, wherein, the customer can pick and choose different types of items (configuration items (CIs) like hardware, software etc. and specify a quantity for their transaction.  This would allow for scenarios such as on-boarding multiple people simultaneously in a single request. We understand this would not be supported in the out-of-the-box Service Manager implementation, however, the benefits outweigh that aspect. 
79 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Jan_Vidar_ElvenJan_Vidar_Elven Partner IT Monkey ✭
    We have recently just did that for a customer, utilizing the Cireson Asset Catalog and creating a shopping style experience and checkout. We use custom navigation and viewpanel, and have based the UI on Kendo, in fact taken several tips from this example http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/websushi/ ;) 

In our solution we can dynamically show Assets from the Asset Catalog based on projection criteria, and the whole shopping experience is outside SCSM (eg. no Request Offering form), but contained inside Cireson Portal. When checking out, a special SR template are used to create an SR request that can be followed up. 

I'll check with the customer if I can share some pictures.
  • Kenneth_SundbyKenneth_Sundby Member IT Monkey ✭
    A shopping cart experience would be extremely helpful. Trying to present an intuitive solution through the query lists gets extremely difficult when you want different quantities of things.

For example we let people order new PC's and some extra equipment, but if they want 2x USB-drives, well... Make a new order I guess? :neutral:
  • Jonathan_BolesJonathan_Boles Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    We have recently just did that for a customer, utilizing the Cireson Asset Catalog and creating a shopping style experience and checkout. We use custom navigation and viewpanel, and have based the UI on Kendo, in fact taken several tips from this example http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/websushi/ ;) 

In our solution we can dynamically show Assets from the Asset Catalog based on projection criteria, and the whole shopping experience is outside SCSM (eg. no Request Offering form), but contained inside Cireson Portal. When checking out, a special SR template are used to create an SR request that can be followed up. 

I'll check with the customer if I can share some pictures.
    Hi Jan,

Would love to see more of what you were able to create if your customer allows. This was discussed during yesterday's roadmap call and while there seems to be some functionality that can be put into place using what exists with the Catalog Items and Standards, it's far from the "Amazon" like shopping experience our customers (and procurement team :smiley:) crave! Hopefully this can continue to be upvoted and get the eyes of the dev team.
  • Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Great idea. Any chance this request is going anywhere?
    Hi @Jan_Vidar_Elven, any chance we could see part of the solution you were able to develop for your customer?

Hi all. Sorry for the late reply, we are actually planning a joint webinar with Cireson on this, working on beginning of November.
    Ref. @paul_reid, @Geoff_Ross, @chris_lim.
    In the webinar both a demo and some background on the solution will be shown.
  • Adrian_PaechAdrian_Paech Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    One related question here.
    Will this new feature be dependent on having the Cireson asset management solution purchased / installed? as not all customers have purchased this Cireson component..
    Adrian

Hi all. The webinar date and time has now been set for showing the shopping solution, there will also be a recording available after. See http://go.cireson.com/skill-and-sarpsborg-shopping-solution-on-cireson for details and joining up.

One related question here.
    Will this new feature be dependent on having the Cireson asset management solution purchased / installed? as not all customers have purchased this Cireson component..
    Adrian

Adrian, I will explain more on options in the above webinar, but currently yes this is built on the Cireson Asset Management solution and the Asset Catalog. For now I can say that if you lets say extended the CMDB with your own Asset Catalog, then the solution can be able to use that instead ;) 
  • shaun_ericsonshaun_ericson Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Jan_Vidar_Elven Getting excited for this webinar sir!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the webinar be recorded?
    Thanks @shaun_ericson, looking forward to it! @tom_hendricks, yes from what I understand there will be a recording available at the Cireson Vimeo channel.
  • shaun_ericsonshaun_ericson Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Hendricks I can confirm it will be recorded and distributed on Vimeo @Jan_Vidar_Elven awesome!
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @Jan_Vidar_Elven Can't wait to see this again, this customisation is awesome!

Sounds great.

Jan, no problems creating additional classes.

Would you be able to briefly touch on this during your demo? (the shopping cart solution without asset management)?

Cheers,

Adrian

Sounds great.

Jan, no problems creating additional classes.

Would you be able to briefly touch on this during your demo? (the shopping cart solution without asset management)?

Cheers,

Adrian

I think you anyway should have a clearer picture of that after the webinar ;)

Thanks Jan.. No problem :)

Hi Jan,
    was there a recording of this webinar. Unfortunately I missed it.
    Kind regards,
    Adrian
    Hi Jan,
    was there a recording of this webinar. Unfortunately I missed it.
    Kind regards,
    Adrian
    Hi @Adrian_Paech, they said it would be uploaded soon to the Cireson Vimeo Page - https://vimeo.com/teamcireson 
    The webinar this morning was excellent and I hope Cireson will make this a priority given the number of upvotes on this particular RO - I know it's something our organization started discussing with Cireson a number of years ago when we first started looking at the Analyst portal. In the meantime, I look forward to finding out more from @Jan_Vidar_Elven but I hope we can have a solution that can be provided by Cireson or in conjunction with Cireson within the existing portal product to avoid further potential costs, licensing and support fees.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Webinar is uploaded now @Adrian_Paech

Thanks Joe.

Watching now :)

Looks great! I second all that Jonathan mentioned above.

Seems like this provides yet another case to move SR creation outside of the console, into the portal. (to add flexibility to request offering solutions).

Hopefully Cireson considers this going forward.

Cheers,

Adrian

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work, @Jan_Vidar_Elven!  This is a great model for what many of us would like to see the Cireson SSP do for ordering goods.

Some of us would like to bundle less tangible services together in a shopping cart experience.  For example, I generate a new user onboarding request with one RO form, and then request a specialized software license for that user (which is not common enough to be part of the onboarding form), using another RO.  Both of those go into a basket and are submitted together.  CA's service catalog worked this way, for example.

Have you used this same solution for any customers who asked for something like this, or have you/would you handle it with a different approach?

Thanks all for great feedback, both at the webinar and those that have seen the recording. I'll get back to your questions here, and if you want you can reach me at jve [at] skill [dot] no, connect with me at LinkedIn (https://no.linkedin.com/in/jvelven), or just discuss here.

As you all have seen, the solution have been working inside the Cireson Portal, but outside the constraints of SCSM Request Offerings to make it possible. Still with the API's and how good Cireson has built the Portal the information we need to GET or POST are always available.

edited November 2016

Hi Jan,

I really like what you have done with your CSS stylesheet when demoing the portal. (in the video).

I was just wondering if you would be willing to share it (the CSS), as I wouldn't mind laying out our portal in a similar way (e.g.: the tabs within the Service Request are clearly defined etc).

e.g.:

Regards,

Adrian

• Kenneth_SundbyKenneth_Sundby Member IT Monkey ✭
    So Jan Vidar, will this .css be shared? ;)
    Apologies for the late reply, @Adrian_Paech and @Kenneth_Sundby. The css is thightly integrated with the customized landing page and shopping cart, but I will look into bringing out a subset to be used independently and upload to community downloads as soon as I can ;)
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Leigh_Kilday Vimeo I mentioned.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    How to make initial page with this dynamic menu as in the video?