Home Analyst Portal
Options

Get AD group in Assign to Analyst By Group

Michael_CostelloMichael_Costello Customer IT Monkey ✭
On the task called Assign To Analyst By Group, is it possible to get the AD group that is associated with the Support Group to show up in the list with the analysts?  

I've been trying to pick though the task code, but unfortunately I'm not well versed in Java, and I realized I'm in over my head.

Comments

• Options
    Brad_McKennaBrad_McKenna Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Michael,  to be clear,  you want the AD group/support group to be able to be selected as an Assigned To in addition to the users?
  • Options
    @Brad_McKenna  That is correct.
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this kind of thing is not available natively in SCSM/Cireson Portal, through Automation you can set up something which reads the Support Group after it's been selected and then assign a group in the Assigned to Field. 

By utilising Orchestrator, it is possible to Monitor when the Support Group of a Work Item is updated, grab the Support Group and see it's mapped to a certain group, then assign the Group to the Assigned to field. 

I have had a working solution in a previous job I had that did exactly this
  • Options
    Isn't the site already reading the AD group in order to filter it down?  It seems like it wouldn't be that much more to then just include the name in the list if its reading it to filter down.

While we have Orchestrator, i'm not thrilled at having yet another part (a runbook) we have to remember to update when ever we adjust a name, add a group, or remove a group.
  • Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Michael_Costello
    Someone else asked this question, which made me look further into it, and I think there's a way to do it, although it will require accessing both the ServiceManagement DB and as well as using SMLets. Please have a look here:
    https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2645/portal-group-mapping-settings