Home Cireson Uploads

IT Monkey will place code here as examples of what Cireson's consulting team has to offer as well as examples for public consumption to benefit the Microsoft System Center community as a whole.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here come as is and without any warranty or support. We will attempt to improve the projects as time goes on based on customer and community demand. Comments and improvements are welcome as well as customization requests. Your use of these Cireson Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson's support team has no information on these projects outside of what you have available and will not provide support for these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

Dont forget to checkout solutions uploaded by our customers, partners and community members here.

Portal - Change Calendar

2»

Comments

• Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    For some reason this is not working anymore, i get Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getTimezoneOffset' of null when i try to open the calendar.
  • Magnus_Lundgren1Magnus_Lundgren1 Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Found it, someone created a change and only end date was set. when i set a start date it started working again
  • Tom_Vidar_NøklebyTom_Vidar_Nøkleby Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'd love to know if there would be away to add Color coding based on what activity a Change is at in the workflow. For instance. We would want CRs to show Red if they haven't arrived at the CAB approval activity and Green if they have. Thoughts?
    Im not aware of any way to color code, I agree though and think the ability to color code any of the dashboards would be very helpful :)
    There is with the Kendo UI Scheduler.  In fact i wish the Timeline view was available.

http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/scheduler/index

Specifically under the resources area 
     resources: [
                {
                    field: "ownerId",
                    title: "Owner",
                    dataSource: [
                        { text: "Alex", value: 1, color: "#f8a398" },
                        { text: "Bob", value: 2, color: "#51a0ed" },
                        { text: "Charlie", value: 3, color: "#56ca85" }
                    ]
                }

I am not a good programmer though, so no idea on how to implement it
    We also wish to have the changes have different color based on status or in-progress activity. I have tried looking at the kendo scheduler, but i cant seem to find a way to do it.
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
  • Tom_Vidar_NøklebyTom_Vidar_Nøkleby Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I'll check it out. Thanks.
  • David_SchmidDavid_Schmid Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi, we have just implemented this into our production environment and it is not show any changes at all for the current month or previous months. Changes are showing in future months. In the current month we have 156 changes scheduled, much less in future months. All help appreciated.
  • David_SchmidDavid_Schmid Customer IT Monkey ✭
    After a weekend of patches and reboots the change calendar is now working as it should. Nothing was done specifically to the app but that it is working now is great.
  • JD_KeithJD_Keith Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hey everyone - I saw some people asking for status color codes in the portal change calendar.  Here's what I came up with:

My SQL query (you'll need to encode):

SELECT DisplayName, WorkItemId, StatusIdDS.DisplayString as Status, ScheduledStartDate, ScheduledEndDate
    FROM dbo.WorkItem WI

LEFT OUTER JOIN
    dbo.DisplayString StatusIdDS ON
    StatusIdDS.ElementID = WI.StatusId

WHERE ClassId='e6c9cf6e-d7fe-1b5d-216c-c3f5d2c7670c' --CHANGE REQUEST
    AND StatusId='6D6C64DD-07AC-AAF5-F812-6A7CCEB5154D' --IN PROGRESS
    OR StatusId='68277330-a0d3-cfdd-298d-d5c31d1d126f' --COMPLETED
    OR StatusId='f228d50b-2b5a-010f-b1a4-5c7d95703a9b' --CLOSED

Then within the "CustomCalendar.html" file, provided by @steve_tuel, I changed up the code to this:

dataSource: {
    type: "json",
    data: crs,
    schema: {
    model: {
    id: "WorkItemId",
    fields: {
    Id: { from: "WorkItemId" },
    title: { from: "DisplayName" },
    start: { type: "date", from: "ScheduledStartDate" },
    end: { type: "date", from: "ScheduledEndDate" },
    },
    }
    }
    },

I then added a custom field in the ChangeRequest.js form (there might be a way around this, but it works for us):

{ DataType: "Enum", PropertyDisplayName: "Status", PropertyName: "Status", EnumId: "0bf0a71b-9e9e-f719-0271-c9a4ff352600", Disabled: true }

This is my final product:

• Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Probably a stupid question but I ran the Query and nothing came up in navigation settings.

I guess there is more to do than wahts in the the first post?

• Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @JD_Keith
    How does your solution fit in with what was presented here?  I ran the SQL query to get the Change Calendar and it worked just fine.  What / how / where do I add your modifications for the color scheme?  Thanks.
  • Roelof_LuingeRoelof_Luinge Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi,

The Calender and Colors are working fine. Our users like this feature. They also like to open the CR directly from the Calendar. Is there a way to achieve this?

Regards,

Roelof

• Joakim_NormannJoakim_Normann Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Would it be possible to add each scheduled activity in the CR's to the calender view? For example, I have a CR which contains several activities which are scheduled to be performed at different dates and times. One example, Monday the server will be updated and on Tuesday the clients will be upgraded. Would it be possible to show these activities for each day attached to the specific CR? This would make it easier and quicker for everyone else to see, especially for the Service Desk when users call them about problems that might be related to the CR that is currently being executed.

• Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭

This rookie doesn't understand.   Doesn't the query build the first 4 items below and then I simply use a SQL Chart Widget to select the query on the navigation page I added?  I get a chart but not the calendar format.  Can someone tell me what I have missed or did wrong?  I didn't think I could run the query and be done but I was hoping. Thank you Jeff

How to Add a Calendar

At a high level, these are the steps required to create a new calendar and include it on a new view panel:

1. Add/Insert a new calendar query to DataSource table
    2. Create the calendar definition
    3. Add/Insert a new viewpanel with calendar definition
    4. Create a view with the viewpanel definition created in step 3
    5. Add/Insert a new navigation link for the view created in step 4
  • Jeff_LandersJeff_Landers Customer IT Monkey ✭
    edited February 2019

@suleyman_ozden  Did you figure out why the page does not come up in Navigation?

• Patrick_ChambersPatrick_Chambers Cireson Consultant Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    @Jeff_Landers

I just ran it in my lab and it is working for me. All you have to do after running the query is go into the Navigation Settings and enable the new Navigation Node.

• Mina_SaidiMina_Saidi Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hi All,

I ran the SQL change in our database then enabled the navigation node and gave the relevant access.

I see change request calendar in the portal now but when I click on it, I get the page add widgets I don't actually see the calendar.

did I do something wrong?

thanks

• Andrei_KozlovskiAndrei_Kozlovski Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Hello,

i have installed new version of Portal and now do not see old change request, only new ones. Rebudiled change calendar, but problem is the same. Also do not show on Month view, its showing Day, Week and Agenda. Any ideas?

• Andrei_KozlovskiAndrei_Kozlovski Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

i have tryed @JD_Keith solution and @steve_tuel https://cireson.com/blog/calendar-colors-in-the-cireson-portal/

But did not hellp. Please help :)

• Shane_WhiteShane_White Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

If anyone is having issues with this on v11+ where if there is too many work items to be displayed on that day it doesn't render the calendar properly...

Find the line of code which says:

{ type: "month", selected: true }

Then change it to:

{ type: "month", selected: true, eventsPerDay: 6, adaptiveSlotHeight: true }

This should fit them all in just nicely and you can increase the number as much as you like.

Credit to @Priyan_Mistry

Thanks,

Shane