Home General Discussion

Add Affected User outside of AD through API

Anders_WallmanAnders_Wallman Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

I'm still trying to get to grips with the Cireson API. Got working code that adds a new IR and updates it with Affected User. However, we receive emails that originates outside of the scope of our AD. Today we receive these through the email template that adds these addresses as new users so that they can be set as Affected User. Is there anyway of doing this through the Cireson API?

Been trying to leverage the CreateProjectionByTemplate, but either I don't understand which projection/template to use or it isn't possible to add users that way. I really don't want to mix API with Powershell. My backup plan is to send the IR as an email if I can't find another solution.

Cheers,
Anders Wallman

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi,

I'm thinking this is possible. You would need to create a template based on a projections based on the Microsoft.AD.User class. The object you create for the user has to be of this class AND has to have a value in the DistinguishedName property to be brought into the portal. Then you could use this template in the CreateProjectionByTemplate API.

Let me know if you need more help.

Geoff
  • Anders_WallmanAnders_Wallman Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you Geoff! I will look in to it. There might be another solution as well. I'm looking at the possibility to add these users to SM instead. I might have been a bit hasty in my conclusion as to the connection to our  AD. I will answer my own question when I've decided which way to go.
  • Anders_WallmanAnders_Wallman Member IT Monkey ✭
    Alright, so I've found a solution. I'll mention it for future reference although it's NOT a Cireson solution. I found a blog post outlining a Powershell solution for what I wanted to accomplish. Since I like the thinking behind it I chose to adapt it to my solution. I could have picked some parts of it to run through the Api, but I don't want to spend more time on it right now.

Cheers Anders