Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Problem with Cache Builder Service. Group not found: cn=Support

Hi experts Monkeys... I have a Problem with Cache Builder Service, the event viewer  show "Group not found: cn=Support" my SSP is a Second SCSM Management Server... can you tell me if I need TCP port comunication to Active Directory or how to test the comunication between SSP (Cache Builder) and the Active Directory Service...  In Advance Thanks

Gabriel Armenta

Best Answers

Answers

• Gabriel_ArmentaGabriel_Armenta Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks Katie... I have a acces to Active Directory from 2nd Management Server where Cache Builder Is Run..

Send you a Image with Powershell results..

The Cache builder Account are on Domain and are Local Admin and SCSM Admin...
    Yes... is the same...

What more can I check??
  • Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft Support provided me with SQL commands that can force a Full AD sync on the connector. I was running into some group issues and this resolved it.

To do a FULL AD connector synchronization you need to reset the watermark on the AD connector.  Steps below:

-- Execute the following SQL Query to find the DataSourceID number for the AD Connector that is used to bring the users into SM

Use ServiceManager

Select * from LFX.datasource

-- Update the line below replacing # with the corresponding AD connector DataSourceID from above to reset the AD Watermark 

-- for that connector.  The Next AD Synchornization performed will be a FULL synchronization.   Will take a lot longer to run

exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] #,'erroroutput'

From the Service Manager Console select the AD Connector and then click "Synchronize Now".    

Thanks Brian ...

I have a 2 connectors... One to Users and the other to Groups.... This is the results of select consult:

Users DataSourceID number:
    346c96a8-e5ee-48d4-b707-5f6439475610

Groups DataSourceID number:
    1395390b-e433-4bf0-86d3-42ff5deaa234

where copy the DatasourceID???

You say in watermark... in the options of the connector the warter mark can´t edit... I need to edit by powershell??

Add Image of Connector Propieties

Update to
    Users 
    exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] 346c96a8-e5ee-48d4-b707-5f6439475610,'erroroutput'

Groups
    exec [LFX].[ResetWatermarkForDataSource] 1395390b-e433-4bf0-86d3-42ff5deaa234,'erroroutput'
    Thanks Brian... I have a Error ... This es the Correct Result of select consult...

Again Thanks All
    This is the expected output. Now run your connector again and it will perform a full sync.
    Hello  Brian... I still in the problem... I research on my enviroment and detected a Despromo DC... this is the root cause of problem,,, How to config SCSM AD Connector to only work with my domian ... in my enviroment have 3 domains... and the AD connector still searching  a DC retired...
This discussion has been closed.