Home General Discussion
Options

AD connector and SCCM connectors not merging data

Jason_FloryJason_Flory Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello Everyone

This most likely is not a Cireson application issue but happened while I was fixing asset management issues.

I have had a CSV import that just kept failing saying it was updating config items that clearly did not have the same SN.   I decided to delete config items and let everything re-sync from original source.   I removed items from asset management, deleted associated config items then went to deleted items and removed deleted items.   Waited for groom to happen overnight.

Next day resynced AD connector, resynced SCCM connector.   Now it appears that SCCM data is not be merged to new objects.  SCCM connector says successful sync.   I do not see any SCCM data in config item, just the AD data.   What is strange is under history it shows the SCCM sync and  shows it adding new configuration.   The other thing that is strange is each config items shows history back before deletion.  Seems like the objects really never got fully deleted.

Any help would be great.  Thanks

Answers

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the DB tables did not get fully truncated and therefore is retaining some data in tables that are then still able to link tot he new records.

It sounds like some nasty DB cross wiring that is happening and any solution that you have will only ever be a stop gap and there is no good way to know that the data is truly cleaned out.
    My suggestion would be to flatten the environment and start from a clean DB.

If this is not possible due to WI records needing to be retained then it will be a table at a time clean up.

Let us know which way you go with this one
  • Options
    madisonquinnmadisonquinn Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hello,

AD and SCCM have never been syncing though. I can see all user and computer objects when building the AD connector with a certain scope, but neither is it doing a full sync nor a selected, depending on configuration. During creation of the SCCM connector I can see that the selected groups are populated but I do not get any data imported.

Thanks.
  • Options
    damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It is recommended to just bring in computers from SCCM and not AD.