Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Promoted Manual Activity view doesnt cannot be clicked into

David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I have promoted a Manual Activity view for tasks that need to be undertaken by a team, this all works and shows correctly on the portal but when i try to click on the MAs it doesnt take me to the MA view within the SRs they are attached. this works fine from the active work view that comes as standard with the portal

Best Answer

• David_Morris1David_Morris1 Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your help, after looking through the differences between the orchestrator and manual created MAs it turns out that it is the "Created By" relationship that isnt present when a activity is created by orchestrator and this is causing the view not to work

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I have promoted a Manual Activity view for tasks that need to be undertaken by a team, this all works and shows correctly on the portal but when i try to click on the MAs it doesnt take me to the MA view within the SRs they are attached. this works fine from the active work view that comes as standard with the portal
    Hello David,

Promoting views showing activities will not function properly at this time.

We only display activities within an SR not as their own form. 

Views that can NOT be promoted

• CI - All views under Computers folder
    • CI - All Business Services
    • CI - All Printers
    • CI - Software
    • CI - Software Updates
    • CI - Users
    • RA - any view using Reviewers
    • WI - Runbook Automation Activities
    • Any view using the Me Token
    • Any view using a Relative Date Time Token
    • Views built with Advanced View Editor (from Technet)
    • Any view that is using a projection with > 2 levels of component nesting
    • All fields added from view builder Custom Columns
    Thank you,

Merle
    Hi I currently have this open with support and this view works for manual activities raised against an SR using a request offering or a template but not when the MA is generated by orchestrator as a contained activity within an SR
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    So my colleague and I @James_Atance are aware of the ticket you have open. We last responded to you on 6/8/17. We were not able to reproduce this issue that you are speaking of. When we promote an MA view we get the following

As you can see from the screen shot we are taken to the activity screen and we can access the General tab which is the SR. 

Now what you are experiencing would be different because you're template is being generated by Orch. This would mean that the template relationship you are using from orch is not being represented in the Portal. 

Is this a custom form?
    these templates are standard SR templates the first activity is a runbook activity that depending on choices that are made in the SR adds additional MAs to the SR, there is no template being generated by orchestrator

these MAs open fine into the view that you have shown above from the out of the box views the portal has i.e "Active work" so there is no problem with these MAs being rendered in the portal inside there SRs. And my promoted view works fine for manually created MAs. but when i click on these auto-generated MAs in the view nothing happens
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hey David,

What is supposed to happen is a redirect from the link http://portalurl/Activity/Edit/MA5678 to http://portalurl/ServiceRequest/Edit/SR1234?activityId=MA5678&tab=activity

If you hit F12 in your browser and go to the "Console" tab, do you see any errors or other messages when you click on the Activities?

What version of the Portal and SCSM are you running?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Portal version 7.4.2012.3 MP version 7.7.2012.185

yes we receive the following error :

sendjquery.min.js?v=800:5
    ajaxjquery.min.js?v=800:5
    b.(anonymous function)jquery.min.js?v=800:5
    setDefaultRoutecontroller.js?v=800:192
    handleRowClickcontroller.js?v=800:144
    (anonymous)app.lib.js?v=800:1128
    dispatchjquery.min.js?v=800:3
    v.handlejquery.min.js?v=800:3

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. Looks like the internal API call "GetActivityParentWorkItem" is failing. That could be for a variety of reasons, but if it is only failing for Orchestrator-created-activities, I would guess that the call expects some bit of information present in one type of activity and not the other.

The next troubleshooting step would need to be a comparison between a typical activity, and the Orchestrator-created-activity to identify what properties, relationships, etc, might be missing. Once you find the missing property/relationship, that can be added on the Orchestrator side upon creation to get around the error.

That being said, its quite possible it is a trivial difference, and something the code should be checking for-- we would need to know exactly how the activity is being created to determine this. I recommend opening a case with Cireson Support, and perhaps a catch can be added in the call once we have more information.
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your help, after looking through the differences between the orchestrator and manual created MAs it turns out that it is the "Created By" relationship that isnt present when a activity is created by orchestrator and this is causing the view not to work
  • Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

Good afternoon

I know this was raised a while back. I have just configured a runbook to create several PA's, MA's when a service request is created. I have now promoted a view to show all MA's. As mentioned by David, I can see all the MA's however if it has been created by Orchestrator when clicking the MA it does not load. However if a Service Request is created from the self service portal where the template has activities in it, then you can click the MA in the promoted view and it loads.

Did you manage to find out what relationship was required. I created another test runbook to update the MA with a created by and populated that but this has not worked.

Kind regards

Eugene