Home Analyst Portal

Post-Installation Problems

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Just finished our SCSM Portal installation and I'm unable to launch the portal from the server, http://localhost. I'm getting a login dialog. Checking the setup log I see that I've configured it for Windows Installation so I don't think it's a Forms Authentication issue. The CiresonPortal site has Windows Authentication enabled, Forms Authentication disabled. The Cache Builder log shows errors with our AD groups. Our SCSM AD connector is configured for all users and groups. We do have the SCSM 2012 port installed on this box, wondering if that might be causing any issues.

Banging my head on the wall over this one.

Best Answers

Answers

• Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks for the links, I don't have an errors when trying to access the portal page, just a login prompt and then access denied.

I'm going to reinstall the portal and see if that gets me started. I'll open another support case if I still have issues.

During the new install, I'm having a problem getting the App Pool Identity password to verify. I can't get rid of the yellow triangle. I've tried several AD accounts and they all fail. The message is "The password appears to be incorrect. Exception: The server cannot handle directory requests."

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The yellow Triangle indicates an incorrec password. That is correct. That information would be internal to your team. You would need to change the password or use an account that you have the rights too
    I've tried 3 different accounts including my own. I know at least a few of those are correct.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The yellow triangle can also appear when you are logged in as a local account and not a domain account so it cant do a directory lookup. Can you confirm you are not logged in as a local account?

I'm logged in with my domain account. I forged ahead with the install anyway and it did finish successfully. When I clicked on the link to the portal, http://localhost, all I get is the default IIS page.

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sandy

Sounds like you have the default website with a conflicting binding to the ciresonportal (meaning ciresonportal is in a stopped state in IIS right now).

Id recommend changing the binding of the default IIS website or deleting it. Then start the CiresonPortal.

Hello Joe,

From what I can see, the default website is stopped, I think the Cireson setup did that. I can remove it I guess.

Just deleted Default Web Site but still getting only default iis page.
    What is a number you can be reached at so I can walk you through the setup process. 

I'm in the process of uninstalling it right now. If you can give me a few minutes so I don't waste your time, I'll have things ready to start again....

I'm at 714-347-8775

I'm in the process of uninstalling it right now. If you can give me a few minutes so I don't waste your time, I'll have things ready to start again....

I'm at 714-347-8775

I'm ready to go
    Your email is coming back as unreachable you can join the Skype session here - Join Skype Meeting

I've fixed the issue and am running setup again......

Running as the Cache Builder Service account got rid of the yellow triangles. Just got a message "Almost done!" Please restart your server and run the setup again.

Restarting....

That's normal and is a part of the process. 

Thanks. Nothing ever looked so good. Appreciate the help in finding my Cache Builder account 'missing' in SCSM and figuring out that installing it under the Cache Builder service account worked better.

This discussion has been closed.