Home Analyst Portal
Options

Self-Service Portal Implementation

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
Just installed Service Manager Portal and was wondering how 'regular' end-users would access just the Self-Service portal. Would we just point them at the same url we use and then just use a security role to strip out everything in the view except for the Self-Service stuff?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.

SCSM permissions are a bit of an intimidating/complex web if you've never seen them before (e.g. SCOM permissions). However Cireson has done a pretty awesome job taking some of this preliminary understanding out of the picture as the declared Analyst group during setup is the one that has more access to the portal by default. That said, your 'regular' end users see only four items on the portal since they wouldn't be in that Analyst group. Those four items are:
    • Home
    • My Requests
    • My Work
    • Knowledge

So everyone user the same portal but everyone has a slightly difference UI experience.

With respect to what I'm guessing is going to be an inevitable next question, end users are granted access to requests on the portal based on a mix of Security Permissions tied with Catalog Groups and it's those Catalog Groups that contain groups of requests.
  • Options

Thanks for the note back on my question. So it looks like I should create a new AD group, say End-Users and stick Domain Users in it. Then figure out the permissions necessary to access

• Home
    • My Requests
    • My Work
    • Knowledge
    Does that sound about right?
  • Options
    Thanks Adam. I'll check it out.
  • Options

It just dawned on me that the End Users Role in Service Manager should take care of my issue. It looks like it has the permissions that I'm looking for and from testing it looks like it shows what we need.

This discussion has been closed.