Home Service Manager

Notification for updaten IR / SR

Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Has anyone setup a SCSM notification for sending an notification email to user when a IR or SR has been updated?

The 'Changed from' and 'Changed to' options availible arent really usefull, or I am not using it correctly.

Best Answers

• Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 Answer ✓

Right. that was also my firs thought and I tested that but it didnt Work. I will have another look.

Edit: Found something i will try. Someone suggested to use another subscribtion:

"

Use Work Item has Comment Log [Work Item] --> Assigned to User[User] as the related recipient on the subscription. This should be seperate from your Incident subscription which uses Has User Comment[Trouble Ticket] --> Assigned to User [User]

I also have a separate notification template for Service Requests.

"

Answers

Thanks, I will look into that. What have you chosen for "When to notify".? Is it When an object of the selected class is created? Will that send a notification each time a non private comments is added?

Yes that how I ended up creating it. Seems like its working! Many thanks
    edited June 2017

How about Service Requests? Do you have a notification for them?

Cant see which Class I should use for SR

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I just checked the workflow for this and it is also handling the Service Request as its only really monitoring the Analyst comments which can be added to either Incidents or Service Requests.

Therefore there is not a separate one for Service Requests.

edited June 2017 Answer ✓

Right. that was also my firs thought and I tested that but it didnt Work. I will have another look.

Edit: Found something i will try. Someone suggested to use another subscribtion:

"

Use Work Item has Comment Log [Work Item] --> Assigned to User[User] as the related recipient on the subscription. This should be seperate from your Incident subscription which uses Has User Comment[Trouble Ticket] --> Assigned to User [User]

I also have a separate notification template for Service Requests.

"

it worked
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Excellent, so your all working now.