Home Asset Excel

Has anyone experienced Asset Excel returning different results while running the same search?

Mark_WitkowskiMark_Witkowski Customer IT Monkey ✭
We keep getting inconsistent results when running a search in Asset Excel. We verified the version and settings of the installs and while I get 7,700 assets some other users get as few as 500. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Hi Mark

Have these users definitely increased there result limit > 500? 

Cheers
    Joe

• Mark_WitkowskiMark_Witkowski Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the reply. We all have this setting set to 10,000. If I run the search 10 times, I will get different results maybe 3-4 times, and completely different results from other users running the same search.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mark sounds like an odd one - hoping it was a simple setting change. 

Maybe easier to troubleshoot in a support ticket if you want to raise it and add the excel log file we can take a deeper look.
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    We keep getting inconsistent results when running a search in Asset Excel. We verified the version and settings of the installs and while I get 7,700 assets some other users get as few as 500. Thanks in advance.
    Hello Mark,

This would be attributed to your settings. I would check your settings and ensure you all are configured the same way:

And your Search settings:

Also are you ensure you and your colleagues are connected to the same Database?
  • Mark_WitkowskiMark_Witkowski Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks everyone! I we are all configured the same way and hitting the same data, it's just not returning the same results. I was hoping it would be something simple, and it still may be, but it looks like I'll open a ticket and get some logs pulled. Thanks again for all your responses.