Home Service Manager

Reopen Tickets

Aybars_KutluturkAybars_Kutluturk Member IT Monkey ✭
Hi,
Users can reopen tickets that our analysts resolved or completed. How can I filter these tickets. I want to make a report that shows reopened tickets.

Answers

• Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Aybars

This would be tricky without some customization the only identifier is in the history where status changed from 'RESOLVED' -> 'ACTIVE'.

One option would be to extend the class with a field such as a true\false that gets automatically checked when a workitem is re-opened. This would then allow you to easily filter and report on.

Hope that helps.
    Regards
  • Aybars_KutluturkAybars_Kutluturk Member IT Monkey ✭
    Hi,
    Thanks for answer. How can I do this?
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Aybars,

This is a bit in-depth, so I strongly recommend getting familiar with Managenemt Packs, classes and properties, the Service Manager Authoring Tool, signing and keys, and the overall structure of SCSM before you begin, but this would be how you should do it:

First of all, OBS: This will update the Last Modified date on all your Incidents, when you import the new Management Pack! (unless you use Conner Woods tool: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1700/scsm-last-modified-date-manager-for-ir-and-sr)

In the Auhtoring Tool, create a new Management Pack and name it.
    In the Class Browser, find the Incident class, right click and press View.
    In the Management Pack Explorer, right click on Incident, press Extend and select your newly created MP
    In the main view, under 'Class properties and relationships', press Create Property and give the new property an internal name (no special chars, no spaces).
    Mark the new property you created, and in the Details pane, set the Data Type to be 'Bool'.
    Seal the MP and save it.
    Import you newly created MP into SCSM (Now Last Modified dates on all Incidents will be updated).

Now all your Incident have an extra tab at the very top, in which you will have the new property you created.

Now you can create a template, where this property is set to 'true', and make sure to apply that template in your 'Resolved' workflow.

Then you sort, search, filter, report where this property equals 'true' and IR is not 'Resolved' or 'Closed'.

Hi, again
    I tried in my test environment. I opened a ticket and resolved it. I can see it was resolved in history. then I reopen it but there isn't any true sign in new property.
    That sound's weird. Did the property change to 'true' after you resolved the IR, but before you reopened it?

Did you make sure to create a new IR template, where the property is set to 'true' and apply template that in an incident resolved workflow?
    Hi,
    sorry maybe I miss to create new IR template. I only import management package. How can I create new IR template?
    SCSM Console > Library > Templates
    In Tasks pane click Create Template
    Give it a name and description, select Incident as class and select a MP. Click OK.
    An "incident" opens. Find your custom property in the Extensions tab and set your custom property to 'true'.
    Do not change anything else, as a blank property / field in a template means, that the property won't be changed. Click OK.

Apply this template in a workflow.
    Hi
    I created the new template. You said "apply that template in your 'Resolved' workflow." in your previous answer. How can I apply this template in a workflow.
    @Aybars_Kutluturk
    To be honest, you really should read up on SCSM administration, as stuff like this should be basic knowledge. The workings of SCSM is not that complex (depending on how deep you go), but there is some details and standard procedures you should familiate yourself with.

A workflow is something that runs in the background, when stuff happens in SCSM. So you can have a workflow, which catches when specific items (classes) changes state somehow (events). Basically, you can catch pretty much every change, that you see in the history tab. For your specific need, you need to apply a template, when an incident changes status to resolved.

Maybe you already have a resolved workflow; does anything specific happen, when a incident gets resolved (apart from in changing status)? E.g. does SCSM send out a e-mail, when a incident gets resolved? Or anything else? Either way, you need to go to Administration > Workflows > Configuration and open 'Incident Event Workflow Configuration'. Does it show anything in the window which opens? If not, you need to click 'Add' to open the 'Add Incident Event Workflow' wizard:
    • Click Next on the first page.
    • Give it a good name (e.g. 'Incident Resolved workflow') and a description, so you can easily find the correct workflow next time.
    • Select 'Check for events: When an object is updated' in and select a / create a new MP to store the workflow in. Make sure the 'Enabled' check box is ticket and press next.
    • In the 'Changed from' tab, search for 'Status', select it and click 'Add'.
    • In 'Criteria', select [Incident]Status does not equal Resolved
    • In the 'Changed to' tab, search for 'Status', select it and click 'Add'.
    • In 'Criteria' select [Incident]Status equals Resolved
    • Click Next.
    • Select 'Apply the following template' and select your newly created template from the dropdown.
    • Make sure, that only your custom property is changed in the 'Template preview:' ('Escalated', 'Needs knowledge article' and 'Has created knowledge article' will always show up too).
    • Click Next.
    • If you wish, you can here select a notification, which will send an e-mail, of the selected template, to the selected user.
    • Click Next.
    • Double-check the summary and click Create if everything looks OK.
    If you already have some workflows in the 'Incident Event Workflow Configuration', you'll need to check to see if one of them is already catching the Resolved event, and then simply apply the template in that workflow. If there's already a template being applied, you can simple change that template, to also change your custom property.

Now, when an incident gets resolved, it will apply the template you created to that incident (it can take a few minutes sometimes), and you'll be able to filter on that in your reports.
    Thank you very much I did all your instructions and I have reopen incidents filter now. I think something understood wrong because I configured workflow like that
    • In the 'Changed from' tab, search for 'Status', select it and click 'Add'.
    • In 'Criteria', select [Incident]Status equals Resolved
    • In the 'Changed to' tab, search for 'Status', select it and click 'Add'.
    • In 'Criteria' select [Incident]Status equals Active