Home Analyst Portal
Options

Adding Knowledge - How do I?

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
Just installed Portal and can't see where to add Knowledge. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Sandy,

As an Administrator or as a user that is a Knowledge Manager, you can create a Knowledge Base article by going to New (bottom left) - Knowledge Article - New Knowledge Article.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    I wasn't part of KB managers so I added myself to that group and logged back in. I'm still not seeing anything on the page. I'm a Domain Admin and am in the Administrators group in Service Manager. Should I be in the Analyst AD group I created?
  • Options

That did it! I have a +NEW!

Do I need to add myself to the Analysts group I created or am I ok as an Admin?

• Options
    merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    That would depend on how you want that user account to have access. You could give your account access to all options by being an Analyst, Admin, and KB manager
  • Options
    Thanks, I think I need to do that. I don't see the ability to create new Work Items so I'll add myself to the Analyst Group.
  • Options
    I see much more now as an Analyst. Config Items, Search and Active Work. Should I also have the ability to create Work Items when I click on +NEW ?
  • Options

Yes you should have that option
  • Options

I only have Knowledge Article. Let me restart the App Pool and IIS and see if that makes a difference.

• Options

Thanks again. I'll keep that in mind. After restarting the App Pool and IIS, I now have all three options in +NEW.

Dang, I forgot about the SCSM AD Connector. I'm close to getting this down.

Thanks for your help and patience!

• Options
    No worries. That's what I'm here for. Glad you're operational.
This discussion has been closed.