Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Setting up the Security whats correct and whats not

Hi guys/gals

Is there any documentation on creating the security for this product, I'm having trouble for a restricted user cannot see the deployment scopes or app/package templates, although that group has been given view rights to the template

Best Answer

Answers

• Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Jason,
    The user guide hasn't been released as yet. Firstly for the deployment scope (under security settings), I assume you've given rights to the relevant role.  After that have you created views (under General settings)? You have to do both even though they almost look the same- the view is what you can see- the deployment scope is what you have access to.
    The package and deployment templates should be available as long as you have provided the role access to deploy software (under Security Settings > Security Rights > Area Rights).  Hope that helps for starters...

Davis
  • Jason_TaylerJason_Tayler Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Davis

yep that makes sense, I can now see the deployment templates etc

however now the user cannot see the software view.

group has view access to this view and security is enabled to allow the users to view software

the software tab can bee seen however lists no packages can be found

the user can only see this view and is the only view that can be selected

any help appreciated

Thanks, I have done this and setup a software view and limited to a few rules lets just say all Microsoft as an example

the group has view permissions to this software view.

no global software rights

in the portal the team can see the software view listed but I get no software packages found.

I have tried to set the permissions on 1 package/application however still nothing is viewed.

if I give them global software view rights they still are unable to see anything listed under, the view I created or the default software view , the same message no software packages found..

I know I'm doing something wrong and I have tried different things but just cannot get the software view to show as expected. I cannot have some teams deploying certain software even if they think they know better :)

Thanks to everyone's help 
    permissions are working as expected 
    missed to global packages view rights 
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Great news Jason.  Thanks for confirming!

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Jason,

Glad that they got you going. If you would be so kind as to mark the proper response as the answer, that way we'll know it is closed, and others will know what the answer was for you when they search for it.

Thanks,

Wally