Home Service Manager

Remove private flag from Incidents and Service request

Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I was looking at tempaltes and have tried to remove the flag. After saving and reopening the flag is back.

Any idea why that happens? Is there a central location where the flag can be removed?

Best Answers

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to the action log entries, which are marked as private?
  • Suleyman_OzdenSuleyman_Ozden Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    yes
    Those are set on the Work Item object itself, so you cannot change it back and forth between private and not by editing a template. Do you wish to remove the private flag from all of the action log entries?
    I want to change it so that work items have the private flag unchecked, by default. The default right now is that it is checked. It might be something we set when setting up the solution, I dont remember honestly.
    No, the private flag is not checked by default, so you probably have an extension of the Incident (or SR) class, where you have set the property to be checked by default. You would need to find the MP where the extension is stored, export it, change it the default value of the property to be 'false', re-seal the MP and import it again. Or you could delete the MP altogether, if it's not being used for anything else.

Had a look yesterday. Wasnt able to find the correct mp.

Havent done any mp editing myself so far. That doenst help it :)

Is the field checked by default in the SCSM console or on the Cireson Portal? 
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Suleyman_Ozden    I think what Konstantin is asking is:

If you open the template in SCSM is the Flag set i.e. Ticked ?

If it is not ticked in SCSM the fault will be with the CSS file in Cireson, where it will have been set to be Ticked.

As mentioned in my opening question, it is checked in the templates.

Does it make sense that this is places in a custom style sheet? I couldnt find that in any .css

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Just checked all my templates in SCSM and they have the Private box ticked also (in the library).

However when I use  a template in Cireson or SCSM the Private box is not ticked, therefore css is not affecting this box.

If it was forced on in Cireson the custom.css would mention Action Log.

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of note SCSM does not handle NULL for Private property. So the template has the private box tickets as it is attempting to handle the NULL. but when the template is used it defaults to False unless to tick it. The private flag in a template has no impact on the template design. It only applies the True/False on comment add, resulting in the action log relationship row containing True/false. The private property is not a part of the IR/SR class. 
    HTH

Thanks for your replies. I created an IR in console and no flag was set. Opened the same IR in Cireson and there it was now set!

Created a new IR in Cireson and flag was set. So seems like Cireson is doing something, but I cant find where.

There is nothing on private in custom.css. Content in custom.js has 2 functions. On for konverting Incidents to Service Requests and the other, for adding sent mails to actiong log by default, is pasted below:

/*START Send Mails Add to ActionLog set pr defualt */

app.custom.formTasks.add('ServiceRequest', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
        formObj.boundReady(function () {
    $("#actionLogisPrivate").trigger("click")
    $(".link[data-bind*=sendEmail]").on("click", function () {
    $("#IsAddToLog").trigger("click").closest("div");
    });
        });
    });
    app.custom.formTasks.add('Incident', null, function (formObj, viewModel) {
        formObj.boundReady(function () {
    $("#actionLogisPrivate").trigger("click")
    $(".link[data-bind*=sendEmail]").on("click", function () {
    $("#IsAddToLog").trigger("click").closest("div");
    $("#ChangeStatusToPending").closest("div");
    });
        });
    });
    /*End Send Mails Add to ActionLog set pr defualt */

That worked :)