Home Orchestrator

Missing properties/fields when getting activities from SCSM

Eivind_OsbakEivind_Osbak Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi.

Running Orchestrator 2016 and SCSM 2016 with Cireson Portal.

I had some runbooks running towards our 2012 environment that fetches some manual activities based on certain criteria, then finds information from some of their related objects and updates them with correct assigned to, title and so on.

After installing a fresh 2016 environment with the latest portal and running the LM tool to migrate from 2012, I cannot filter on any properties except the SCSM Object GUID when choosing manual (or any other) type of activity.

There is an extension of manual activity to choose from aswell. If choosing that one, I can filter on GUID and Displayname.
I've looked at this mgmt pack and i seems to contain supportgroup functionality and a few other things.

Does anyone have tips for getting all the default availible properties/fiels back in Orchestrator IP for SCSM so I can filter on area and so on?

Also: When running smlets on activities I get the same properties. So my guess so far is that the Cireson extension of manual activity managementback replaces the default one rather than adding to it when using smlets or orchestrator to fetch information.

Thoughts?

Eivind

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Are you making sure to select the default, OotB Manual Activity class, and not an extension of it?
  • Eivind_OsbakEivind_Osbak Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Are you making sure to select the default, OotB Manual Activity class, and not an extension of it?
    Yes. When choosing the OOB one i ONLY get SCSM Object GUID. When choosing the Cireson extension of it, I get GUID + Displayname. Other extensions are same as the OOB. Only GUID. Powershell seems to default to the Cireson extension and provides GUID and Displayname.
    edited June 2017
    I think smlets gets all extensions of a class, when you get the OOB class, where Orchestrator gets the actual class without extension, when you select the OOB class.

Either way, it seems weird, that you don't get any more properties that GUID. To be clear, you are using these IPs, right? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54098
    And you are using the Get Object activity, select your connection, select Manual Activity, and then you cannot add any other filters apart from GUID?

What about other classes? IR, SR?
    edited June 2017
    I think smlets gets all extensions of a class, when you get the OOB class, where Orchestrator gets the actual class without extension, when you select the OOB class.

Either way, it seems weird, that you don't get any more properties that GUID. To be clear, you are using these IPs, right? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54098
    And you are using the Get Object activity, select your connection, select Manual Activity, and then you cannot add any other filters apart from GUID?

What about other classes? IR, SR?

Hi.

Yes. Those are the IPs im using. Yes. Get object --> Select connection --> Select Manual Activity --> Only GUID availible for filter. Also the same goes the other way with Update Object. Can only select GUID.

IR, SR, PR, CR and RR are all fine.

Hm, that seems very strange. Maybe you should try the dedicated technet forums? I don't have any idea on what could be causing such strange behavior.
    Hm, that seems very strange. Maybe you should try the dedicated technet forums? I don't have any idea on what could be causing such strange behavior.

Thank you for your time anyway. I will try submitting a support case to MS. Just wanted to give this community a go first in case someone else had noticed this after migrating to 2016 and using the LM app for moving MPs.

But I do agree in that it is very strange behavior.

Yeah, there must be a bug somewhere, since it even affects the OotB MA class. What if you delete all MA extension classes you have and try again, does it behave in the same way? Same thing for any other activity extensions you may have. Note that you loose all that information, which is stored in these custom classes, including any templates you have built on top of those classes, and anywhere else you use them.
    Yeah, there must be a bug somewhere, since it even affects the OotB MA class. What if you delete all MA extension classes you have and try again, does it behave in the same way? Same thing for any other activity extensions you may have. Note that you loose all that information, which is stored in these custom classes, including any templates you have built on top of those classes, and anywhere else you use them.

I haven't tried but that was my next thought. Will backup SCSM later and try it outside production hours.
    Oh okay, you are doing this on a live env? That's not fun. But yeah, that would be the next step in troubleshooting anyways, even if you contact MS, I'm sure.

Then if it works, start by importing them again one by one, and see if you can find the MP responsible for the trouble.
    Oh okay, you are doing this on a live env? That's not fun. But yeah, that would be the next step in troubleshooting anyways, even if you contact MS, I'm sure.

Then if it works, start by importing them again one by one, and see if you can find the MP responsible for the trouble.

Yes, sadly this is live environment. Thanx again for your time.
    Hi @Eivind_Osbak
    Have you come futher in the investigation of your issue?