Home Analyst Portal

Cancel Feature for CR?

Simon_LovittSimon_Lovitt Customer IT Monkey ✭
I see that out of the box you can only cancel an SR in the portal. I have implemented the CR workaround, but would like to be able to include  "cancel request" functionality. I have a copy of Nicholas Velich's Cancel IR v3.8.1, and was wondering if this can be modified, and if so how, to provide the same functionality for a CR? 

Thanks

Simon

Best Answers

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Which version of the portal are you running? At least on 7.4.x.9 there's a "Cancel request" task OotB, and I think it's been there for some time.
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We are still using portal version 5.08 and cancel CR is available from the portal.

However it appears to be access controlled as only I can see and perform the task being the change controller.

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed there is a Cancel CR task on the Portal:

I agree with @Konstantin_Slavin-Bo that it has been there for some time, but I might be wrong

As @Peter_Settle mentioned, it is possible the task is hidden. Check out your /CustomSpace/custom.js file as a starting point.

Otherwise, I don't believe there is any additional scoping applied-- it should be visible to all Analysts. When you load the CR form, are you seeing the Analyst version of the form?

All of that being said, you absolutely could create a custom cancel task (especially if you need differing behavior from the out-of-box task), and the Cancel IR task would be a great place to start.

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Simon_LovittSimon_Lovitt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We its not hidden, as the custom.js and custom.css are empty. We are on version 7.2.2012.3, so its not that. I am seeing the analyst version of the form, which I assume I should be? This is the view I get, and it looks like it my be a roles issue, as I am not seeing the other tasks and the "results" and "history" tabs?

I wonder if this also indicates the other issue I am having, which is not being able to edit the general and planning sections of the CR after it has been submitted - is this a potential permission issue?
    Definitely a permission issue.
    @Simon_Lovitt
    Yeah, you aren't seeing the CR as an analyst, as the Title and Description fields are disabled. It must be an issue with your scope. You can check your permissions using this query:

EXEC spCheck_UserWorkItemPermissions 'USERNAME', 'CR123'

From https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/35/
    Thanks Peter, I didn't set this up originally, so looks like I should go through the installation manual first to ensure its set up correctly.
    No Problem, The portal Analyst in our company provides access to the NEW button in the left hand corner, which the end users do not see in our company.
    @Simon_Lovitt
    You can edit the AnalystsADGroup in Admin Settings > Setting Items, no need for a whole reinstall.
    Thanks guys, still not seeing the results I am looking for, despite adding my self to that group. Restarted cache builder and IIS, but will keep playing around unless there is somewhere else i need to be added?
    No, there shouldn't be anywhere else. You need to be in the AD group specified in AnalystsADGroup (all analysts needs to be in this group), make sure that that group is synced to SCSM with an AD connector, sync with portal, and that should be it. 
    Perfect, thanks !
    Another way we found, which works better for us, us to go into SCSM/Administration/Security/User Roles/Service Request Analyst/Users and add the group/user that needs permission in there and that then feeds the portal.