Home Analyst Portal

Navigation Settings - Visible vs Public vs Assigned AD Groups

Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
Digging around my Navigation Settings and wonder how Visible vs Public affects how things do or do not display in the Portal Console. Also, how does Assigned AD Groups factor into things? Is it for security blocking of a specific section?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for note back on my question, Nick. So if I wanted to just allow Domain Admins, for example, to see a specific Dashboard, I would leave the Public unchecked while adding Domain Admins to the Assigned AD Groups. Is that the best way?
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    That is indeed the best way!

One prerequisite is that the "Domain Admins" group (or whatever group you add) has to exist as a Configuration Item in SCSM. This can most easily be determined in the SCSM Console under Configuration Items --> Users.

Additionally, depending on whether or not the group is in-use already, you might need to restart the CacheBuilder (or wait a few hours for it to process per this KB Article) for it to take effect.
  • Sandy_WoodSandy_Wood Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the great advice. Looks like I'll need to contact support, the only way I can see anything is to make it Public. I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere.