Home Configuration Manager Ticker
Options

Do the tickers stack?

MikeRMikeR Member IT Monkey ✭
If I send out multiple tickers to a single collection, or multiple collections that a computer is a member of, why do they not see all the tickers?  They only seem to be seeing the most recent. it seems to me that they should scroll in order of priority or when posted. or if they click on 1, then the next should show. I also would like the ticker not to close when someone clicks on it. Maybe there should be a dismiss button?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MikeRMikeR Member IT Monkey ✭
    thank you. We will hold off on mass deployment then until the next release. I am hoping that will also include the ticket not closing when someone clicks on it.
  • Options
    Daniel_HoenigDaniel_Hoenig Member IT Monkey ✭
    MikeR said:
    thank you. We will hold off on mass deployment then until the next release. I am hoping that will also include the ticket not closing when someone clicks on it.
    Hi Mike, please look in the feed https://community.cireson.com/discussion/702/config-manager-ticker-app-feature-request-prevent-end-user-from-closing-ticker-app (It would be nice if the ticker client couldn't be closed by the end user):

wally_mead said:
    A common request, which you can already do via the Registry :-) Try this to see if it does what you need. Go to: HKLM\Software\Cireson\ConfigMgr\Ticker App, DisableExit = 1 (dword value)
  • Options
    F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    The ticker/banner will close when a user clicks on it - or if it expires.
    What the registry value does is that it grey out the Exit menu item if you right-click the Ticker icon in the system tray area so the user cannot close the Ticker App.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
This discussion has been closed.