Home Analyst Portal

Advanced Search - Ability to group assign or change status

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Recently had to create a saved search to list tickets for specific teams. Would have been perfect if I could have re-assigned tickets in bulk from the search or change the status of them. Couldn't see if it was possible but if it can't, is it a decent/realistic enough feature request?

Answers

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi have you looked at this

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1642/how-do-i-mass-re-assign-incidents-in-service-manager

Need to bear in mind that you can only currently mass re-assign from a normal view.

Possibly need to put in  a feature request in order to get what you actually want.

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    The saved search feature is pretty "basic" in regards to bulk-editing, as you can't even select multiple tickets, let alone do any operation on them.

What you could do, is have a powershell script, which takes the ID's of all the tickets, and the new support group or status as input, and then sets those properties on all the tickets. The script itself is somewhat easy, but you would need a way to get the IDs of the tickets into it. This would also be easy to do directly in the script, but harder to somehow export them from your saved search.

If you could tell us what your saved search does, I could make a script for you, which gets the tickets, and let you perform an operation on them. It would be significantly slower that searching on the portal, though.